1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is NVIDIA going to be left out of DirectX 10.0

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ghn22, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghn22

ghn22 Guest

But as the biggest the software company they can choose which ompany is allowed to use their products depending on behavior. But I am extremely convinced now that NVIDIA is not going to be left out of the 10.0 patch and "if" will happen in years to come so iether way. :)

2. @trapine

@trapine Guest

Unfortunatly Ms has pretty much got Nvidia by the balls when it comes the DX:pas it would be economic suicide for nvidia not to follow the DX specs this time around?As just look at the damage not following Ms has caused them already?One VERY unpopular range of video cards as a result.

Nvidia might not like following ms but it really hasnt got sh1t all other options when you think about it.Gotta Love Manopolys E>G microshaft:D

3. NIB

NIB Master Guru

Posts like this one should be made sticky :D.

4. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC Radeon VII
    I agree!:D Damn nice read though, keep it up guys.;)

5. ghn22

ghn22 Guest

gvwh$!%!@#55ekgvfebvgfebabaivvaie hty@#$!@$%1 avaevae

dfibhs rthjtr srhj1@%^!@^ jryjjvdfopbhjsdfbdioosdbsbsrtj tnnnsobosbsb

I am having a bad day so i am hiting myself with my keyboard.

svsevwvedvcb ceb b54j6 er1255@#%@#!%&&@23hhnklj5nh akl4hnha5

6. @trapine

@trapine Guest

troll alert:rolleyes: :peeleft:

7. ghn22

ghn22 Guest

What does that mean?

8. Monrad

Monrad Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro =)))
    Nvidia FX series (5200 to 5950) will not support DX 10, but that doesn't mean that you won't be able to play DX10 games. The card was meant to support DX9 and that's it.

Maybe FX series will support a few DX10 instructions... but I'm not sure.

9. ghn22

ghn22 Guest

Cool, didn't know that. thx :)

10. thelorder

thelorder Guest

ok here is a theory and just that.

how about if nvidia decided well if they are going to do that then we will create an engine of our own and compete with ms. There is not many card makers out there and if m$ dictates then nvidia and ati could produce there own engine and m$ will be the losers at the end of day.

11. reborn

reborn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX460 1GB @Stock
    no. m$ will not lose
    m$ will start to create their own graphic card :D

12. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    And then there will be a new age of hacking and cracking. People will find that breaking into networks to hack system graphics is SO much more fun. Imagine, you're at work, on the computer. Your boss is breathing down your neck to get this report done soon. All of a sudden, a laughing nVidia logo and an ATI logo pops up and starts deleting your files in a little GUI that shows a graphical representation of each file getting whacked. Then, when all targeted files are gone, the two specters turn on each other and commit ritual suicide. How great Microcrap is. I can't wait till South Carolina gets to sue them, lol.

13. Monrad

Monrad Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro =)))
    As long as I remember, M$ never lose. If NV is planning to do something like that, then NV will be more like 3DFX. The new UFX3,14 from NV will have six GPUs and it won't perform better than the newest M$ NTN2Ghz from M$.

Of course, all I said was bullsh..t... but I thing NV is smart enough not to leave DX way.

14. ghn22

ghn22 Guest

Microsoft will live FOREVER. :)

Monopoly rocks. :eek:uch:

15. @trapine

@trapine Guest

And just how long do you think nvidia would last if they tried to tell microsoft to f@ckoff:rolleyes: About 1.2seconds at best.No matter how much you hate and loath microshaft,Just how do you think your shiny new 5900 or 9800 would work without them?.You would be reduced to playing tux racer on linux at 1600x1200:p
    So really nvidia has got 2 choices either go microsofts way or they will be playing DOOM literaly lmfao:D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2004

16. ghn22

ghn22 Guest

Haahaha, very true :clap: :clap: he --- Nvidia will play it smart and go with Microsoft by apalogizing for what they have done and get on there knees and take it in THE BUTT. :) :eek:uch:

17. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

guys this rumour is bull,

Nvidia is in on DX 10
    and the next DX 9 version

who cares what ms say, just cause they don't work with NV don't mean NV can't make DX10 cards, anyway, i reckon NV would be way better at making a graphics api then MS

18. @trapine

@trapine Guest

dam and i was lookin falward to playing :tux: tux racer @1600x1200 on an nvidia5900 lmao f@ck nvidia's crappy cg give me DX anyday. you will use DX nvidia you whore lmao:whip:

19. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    Thread is blatent flame bait. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.