Is my rtx 3080 gaming x trio dying ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Witcher29, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Ok today i changed the power limit from normal to maximum performance in the nvidia control panel while doing this i get a bsod when i try rebooting the system with this message SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION i saved the dumpfile is my rtx 3080 going faulty ? i never had problems for months but now these weird things are starting to happen first my whole pc frozed yesterday while browzing the web with no blue screen and now after changing power state to maximum performance in nvidia control panel i get a bsod. I uploaded the dumfile. Using the latest nvidia hotfix drivers 461.51. image is not working here so i posted the direct link of the dumpfile on the link. I did not encountered any weird behavior in games yet @ least no bsods.
    Anyone else got similar issues with this or whats going on ?

https://ibb.co/j4SQzXc

ntoskrnl.exe
    ntoskrnl.exe+407a69
    fffff806`45000000
    fffff806`46046000
    0x01046000
    0x0d8333e6

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Can anyone reproduce these errors ? need some feedback thank u.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you didn't post a dump file, you posted almost useless bluescreenviewer output.

4. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    If you change it back?
    Are you sure your PSU is up to the job sounds like the PSU is resetting

5. Caesar

Caesar Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    Who will reproduce errors (the risk of "exceeding" electric current to a card that would be difficult to acquire in case "dead")
    Weird....

6. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Did not had this problem with my old gtx 1080 ti.
    PSU is more then capable corsair ax 1600i
    I cant open the minidump in windows if i do i see all strange text in it, bluescreen view is my only source for now.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  8. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    What happens if you return the setting to normal?
    Dont have a 3080 but my 3090 certainly heats up slightly when in high performance mode are you sure the card or more importantly the Ram is not overheating in that mode, check the temps HWINFO will help
    Just because you have a 1600w PSU it doesnt mean its capable if its faulty it will still fail, do you have at least 2 power cables in use from the PSU, hopefully with that PSU you should be able to use 3 individual outputs.
    Does it not strike you as coincidental that when you ask the PSU for more power you start getting lock ups and crashes?

9. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I could only reproduce it once now i can switch back and forward without any bsod i think when i reboot the system. The system is rock solid in gaming i just have all weird kind of issues in windows atm i prob do a clean instal and see how it goes.

I do have seen a thread that the latest corsair icue software can disable usb devices on fly i noticed when i had a bsod while changing the power to performance mode my icue software was all going crazy on color it resetted itself to rainbow mode instead of stattic [1 solid color] And yes i use seperate 3x 8 pin conector psu is modulair so thats not the problem. I also noticed that windows was trying to instal a new intel chipset driver a few days ago for some weird reason.
    Vram temps are between 60 and 70 in performance mode on iddle, and gpu temps are 45 in performance mode sometimes 50 when then the fans ramp up i dont like that, in normal mode gpu is 38c and vram temp is 55c.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  10. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Have exactly the same issue when using the game the medium no matter what I do my icue colours change to black and white random flashes so i uninstalled it and got a refund games should play period

11. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    U can fix that problem in icue settings disable sdk that wil fix the game lightning sync. If thats what u mean.

12. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Its unticked but lod the medium and my lights change from rainbow to grey polkadot flashes very annoying