Is my problem PSU related ... please help =/

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by DeathtrapX, Sep 15, 2005.

1. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    x800 XT 256mb sapphire 500/500
    I have an asus k8v deluxe MB , running on a gig of ddr 3200 (1 stick is corsair which times at 200 mhz .... other is called "Centon" which clocks at 166 mhz .... ), I have just removed the crappy centon stick and am now running on only 512mb corsair 3200 ddr. 350 watt piece of crap PSU

Other stats = x800 XT 256mb and a 3200 athlon 64 bit processor @ 2ghz stock.

My problem is fps related. I get very low fps in the latest games .... 25-high 40's fps.

I wouldn't complain, except for this 1 issue.

Nothing changes the fps, meaning I can run max/minimum mip map quality, Max/minimum AA/AF ... and fps is the same.

Same fps with any mipmap/aa/af setting, it doesn't matter. This is with every game. It's crazy I ll run a game and make the textures look absolutely dreadful, very bland, no detail, etc. Then run it with all the graphics turned up, mip up, etc ... looking very very beautiful. Same fps either way ....

Is a power supply the problem here?

As stated above I am on a 350 Watt no name psu with a p4 sticker on it (I really dont think this issue is the psu .... but I am at the point of just building a new PC I am way fed up).

The main thing to concentrate on if you wanna help me (which I am praying someone does), is the fact that my settings have literally no impact on the performance of the game. Theres no reason why I should be receiving the exact same frames per second, when graphics are turned to full .... and then turned to the absolute minimum. I am really baffled by what this problem could be =/ Please anyone? (I've changed memory times / ratios , bios updated, chipset updated to via 4 in 1 4.56 , uhm all diff types of omegas and cata's )

2. Bubbaganoosh

Bubbaganoosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nVidia 7600GT 512MB
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  3. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    x800 XT 256mb sapphire 500/500
    k8v deluxe = via chip set on a 754 socket. So its agp, no pci-e here.
    Do you still think this could all be psu related? Gunna just order a nice one soon and find out =/

Btw I've formatted tons of times w/ fresh installs of sp1 and sp2 , same fps problems on both.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    well if you overclock everything you'll be able to tell that its your psu when you start getting a funky smell

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ orrrr us could just upgrade your PSU and then oc as much as u like and enjoy your XT.. :D

.. oh, and up the ram to 1gb.. u will be glad u did