Is my 8800GT dead?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Møllemanden, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    lol... seriously, end this broken record. There is no proof of this what so ever other than what your "expert" friend says. Sounds more like your friend doesn't know a thing about anything to me. If triple buffering harmed hardware in any way, shape or form then it wouldn't be a feature that could be enabled.

Triple buffering has been used for years and i've never seen one symptom in my entire career, nor providing support online, nor have i seen any official warning from any graphics card vendor or anyone other than your "expert" friend warning anyone about continuous use of triple buffering causing damage to video memory.

Your just another example of someone who listens to friends who knows nothing and claims everything they say is fact, when it just a load of horse poo. I think i've pretty much summed it up here, so lets stop spamming OP's thread. You're wrong.

2. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    no, I am NOT wrong!! loooooool but I may NOT enable triple buffer.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ^^^^^^ give that triple buffering nonsense a break it is complete bull crap

4. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    you and @Passion Fruit
    :p but you may damage to your vram. hihihi!!

5. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Morons these days.

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Yeah and the iPhone jail breaker. Makes me feel good I have a droid

7. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    I would probably give baking it a shot, looks like you have nothing to lose.

Oh and guys, don't feed the troll.

8. Zboe

Zboe Guest

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 970
    I am using a baked 8800GT, it's a EVGA SSC model. Poor thing is overclocked and folding right now. A friend of mine did it for me about a year ago. He has averaged about 7/10 baked back to life so far. Not sure how long it will last but it seems to be running like new so far. Even the fan has remained almost silent, i figured the baking would have ruined the grease and/or bearings inside of it but that hasn't been the case.