Is Mantle exclusive to ATI/AMD or can future nvidia drivers adopt Mantle too?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_hycodan, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CybrSage

CybrSage Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 560Ti
    Multi quoting different thoughts from different people invites confusion, so no thanks. Why do you feel the need to try and control others?

Uh oh, someone just made a post that has nothing of value, while decrying others for doing that. Tsk, tsk. :)

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Just ignore those trolls. They're just 1 sentence spam boots, to increase their post count.

Edit: nvidia didnt make a statement yet, probably today or tomorrow. They usually reply within 24hrs.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Difference being I have only three posts in this thread.

Well hello pot.

I've said my piece on Mantle in at least 5 other of about 700 threads on Mantle in this forum. And as this 8 page thread is just a copy/paste, rinse and repeat of all this other threads with most of the same players..... You guys know the definition of insanity right.

4. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    From the results I've seen of Mantle in BF4 I am not impressed at all. It only gave a 10fps increase @1080p on ultra. The up-coming GTX880 will most likely be able to do that and a lot more without the use of Mantle. Plus im willing to bet it will run a damn sight smoother too with a G-sync monitor.

Also, did anyone else notice that Mantle screenshots don't seem to be as well textured as DX comparisons? I'm guessing AMD is feigning performance boosts by compromising texture detail/quality

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    How can you expect them to reply , Mantle SDK is not out there yet and is there any word if Mantle SC will be released .

If they said anything ,it probably something along the lines "we will investigate whether low level api are worth it to Nvidia"

Something of that affect but IMO I don't think they will even give a response .

6. CybrSage

CybrSage Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 560Ti
    Irrelevant.

Reading Loophole35 posts and expecting new ones to contain something of value?

:infinity:

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Hunters gotta hunt typical

8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I swear it's getting tiresome. The ONLY difference is a brightness bug that will be resolved with no performance loss.

How exactly do you alleviate a CPU bottleneck by lowering texture detail? Thought about this? How do you get more than a 50% boost in CPU limited scenarios? Or skipped that too? I tried Mantle.

Oh and hey guys, mind stopping all the personal attacks?

9. CybrSage

CybrSage Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 560Ti
    If Mantle is adopted by more of the major game makers, I feel NVidia has no choice but to adopt it if they wish to stay competitive. They could go the expensive (and full of risk of failure) route and create their own low level API instead, but that would be silly.

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I still need about 40 more in this thread to equal your level.

@Hunter

Mantle in its current form is limited to only GCN (and not all GCN R7 not supported, trinity the same plus many more some have shown performance decreases). AMD pulled an Nvidia with this saying basically, "Nvidia can use Mantle they just need GCN." Sounds like "AMD can use PhysX they just have to use Cuda."

The one thing that Mantle does do is prove how bloated DirectX is, that and DICE is incapable of releasing something without bugs.

11. CybrSage

CybrSage Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 560Ti
    Also irrelevant. You are just upset that you proved yourself to be that which you derided.

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

13. CybrSage

CybrSage Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 560Ti
    Another post that contains nothing of value into the debate. You are on a roll!

:nerd:

EDIT: You are just jealous of my Theater Room setup. It is ok to be jealous of it.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Ah! Your a Stealer's fan that explains it all lol.

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Ditto, it's unimpressive unless you are using an AMD CPU.

Since that is an unlikely scenario for me, it is of little relevance.

Still, great news for AMD users, but I doubt it will have any real level of success beyond AMD users and 'Gaming Evolved' titles (essentially, unless it is adopted as a platform wide standard, it can only go so far).

And why do people insist on continually using BF4 as a benchmark for success.

BF4 is a lousy game that had a lousy release and is still plagued with problems.

It's time to admit that DICE/EA dropped the ball on BF4 and hope they do a better job on BF5 (6,7 or 8).

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Don't worry you two blues brothers, reported for harassment.

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Reported for what informing a new member of forum edict? Oh wait you don't follow forum rules either do you Hunter?

18. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I suggest you guys avoid eachother in future threads...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.