Is it worth to buy the Asus Xonar D2X ?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Mozaik, Nov 28, 2011.

1. killer_939

killer_939 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    Graphics are so meh, as long as it is 1080p and clear it's fine. Good responsive controls>game play>sound quality>graphics any day. Simple graphics in older games, emulators and minecraft can be far more relaxing then all the "top graphics" modern games with very little story/game play/exploring and over the top hollywood style action and effects i have found but sound quality i would always want to be top quality if possible.

Game worlds shouldn't be based off our world all the time, graphics in say wow or minecraft i consider perfection because that is what the world they are set in is meant to look like. Games like cod8, bf3, crysis 2 etc have a long way to go since they are trying to look like our world. That is just how i see it anyway.

2. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    actually kind of makes sense.. Like I said ,the only game to pull it off is Crysis.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Pull what off?

I recently replayed Crysis and the graphics aren't as good as i remember them, they are amazing consider how old the game is, but compared to the sequel and BF3 they are behind, it just looks good because of the "pretty" settings.

Annoyingly the best sounding games i have heard have been the Uncharted games on the PS3.

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that game play doesn't matter but what is the point of buying the latest hardware for gaming when the games don't use it?
    When I play a new game, I want to be amazed at the A/V advances in the new game but sometimes they are just not there.