Is it possible to use moniter and tv together on the same card?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by MrPhyX, May 4, 2005.

1. MrPhyX

MrPhyX Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1800 XT 512M GDDR3 PCI-E
    I am using an s-video lead to connect to my tv and if i dont unplug my moniter first i get a wrong frequency error and the tv gets no picture.
    I wanted them both at once as selecting stuff to watch through the tv is nearly impossible as its all fuzzy,,once a dvd file is running the picture on the tv is perfect just not when its in windows.
    Hope someone can help as i dont want to spend money on seperate dvd player.

2. MrPhyX

MrPhyX Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1800 XT 512M GDDR3 PCI-E
    now i really need help

Ok ,after messing around trying to get dvd's running from my pc to show up properly on my widescreen tv i seem to have stuffed up the picture on my monitor!
    Now i cant see small text clearly anymore (like the discriptions of peoples pc's on the right side of these posts!)all other stuff looks fine like games and everything else.
    Help much appreciated.

3. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Well some televisions werent ment to display computer stuff and its usually set at a fixed resolution. The quality isnt as sharp that you would be able to read some text (depending on your television) and its mostly good use for displaying games and watching movies.

If you go to the Advanced Properties -> Display and you click on the settings you may be able to maximize the sharpness of the display but in most cases it hardly makes any difference.