1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible for RTSS to tell when a game is in VR?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Dan Longman, Oct 12, 2019 at 11:42 PM.

1. Dan Longman

Dan Longman New Member

GPU:
    Asus Dual OC 2080ti
    Is there any thing that can tell RTSS if a game is in VR mode,
    I would like to use RTSS to lock frametime to 16.7ms on the global profile as i play in 4k60 and it really helps level out the framepacing for all flat games, but if I do that when I play VR and forget to disable framerate limiting in RTSS it will in some games lock the framerate to 60 (working as intended obviously) but I was wondering if there was a way to have it ignore the global profile if the game is running in VR mode?

Not the end of the world as I have options to do this, I can
    a) not use a global profile and just use profiles for the games with really bad framepacing.
    b) create profiles for the VR games I play and set to not limit framepacing
    c) leave global frametime limit enabled and just use the option to disable frame limiting in RTSS settings

I currently just do A but figured I would throw this out there to see if there is a way to have a VR only profile by chance

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    d) In MSI-AB set hotkey(s) in the setting tab "On-Screen Display" to toggle/enable/disable frame limiter.

Dan Longman likes this.
  3. Dan Longman

Dan Longman New Member

GPU:
    Asus Dual OC 2080ti
    Awesome this is perfect. Thank you! I somehow missed that setting.