Is FX5500 moddable to Quadro?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by ac252c, Apr 6, 2005.

1. ac252c

ac252c New Member

I tried to use RivaTuner with 5x.xx 6x.xx and 7x.xx drivers, the control panel shows Quadro FX500/600 but there is no improvement in SPECViewperf, does it mean that FX5500 is not moddable or I have missed something? Thanks!

2. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Yes, you have missed something -> try reading the FAQing manual bundled with the RivaTuner & the sticky threads.

3. ac252c

ac252c New Member

Sorry for a long post but I want to show that I have read the fine manual already

I owned a MX440 before and successfully modded to Quadro. Thanks to Unwinder. However FX5500 can't.

After using SoftQuadro4, visible performance boost in specviewperf but unable to finish the test because my pc freezed. Also tried NVStrapAntiprotection ForceWareAntiprotection DetonatorFXAntiprotector and DetonatorFXAntiprotector but still failed (5x.xx to 7x.xx)

"SoftQuadro scripts are no longer included in RivaTuner. SoftQuadro related questions are also ripped from FAQ. Now SoftQuadro functionality is fully replaced with the NVStrap driver. "

However if I don't use the SoftQuadro4 script there will be no performance boost in specviewperf. Only using NVStrap is useless.

"SoftQuadro4 patch script for the Detonators 27.00 - 42.51 allows you to block the protection against PCI DeviceID modification on NV17/NV18/NV25/NV28 and unlock the most of professional features on these graphics processors. "

At first I think that SoftQuadro is useless for my card because FX5500 is NV34 (B1), also 4x.xx drivers are too old to recognize my card.

"PCI DeviceID overriding capability for native AGP / PCI-E display adapters. NVStrap driver can override PCI DeviceID at software level and convert your GeForce board to a Quadro and vice versa. The driver is loaded before OS kernel so neither Windows nor Detonator driver will be able to detect the real PCI DeviceID of your display adapter. This trick allows you to unlock all the professional Quadro features on GeForce based boards and unlock game optimized ICD on Quadro based cards without soldering and patching the Detonator drivers. "

Yes it shows Quadro but no performance boost.

"Note: NVStrap driver supports all GeForce based boards and it can override PCI DeviceID on the latest NVIDIA boards, but it's not enough to override PCI DeviceID only in order to unlock the professional Quadro features on GeForce4 and newer boards. The newest NVIDIA graphics processors have hardwired protection against DeviceID modification, which can be blocked with SoftQuadro4 scripts only, which must be used in conjunction with the NVStrap driver."

then it hangs

"NVStrap driver's "Graphics processor identification" / "Quadro" mode and "Allow enabling hardware masked units" option no longer conflict when they are activated simultaneously. "

"hardware masked units" is greyed out

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Open your eyes and read FAQ. .

5. ac252c

ac252c New Member

Sorry to bother you. I hate my new LCD monitor it makes my eyes dry and can't read the text clearly. If I was using my old CRT I will certainly find the answer without your help. RivaTuner uninstalled.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Bye
    Less lazy softmodders in the forum = less stupid questions. Hope you won't come back.

7. ac252c

ac252c New Member

Still want to say thanks to you before I leave because I was able to use SoftQuadro with MX440 in the past.