Is flashing a GT to 1.4v safe?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by mustrum, Oct 20, 2004.

1. mustrum

mustrum Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 TI
    I only plan to chage it in the GT bios. No ultra bios or something.
    Is it risky to do so. The GT ist basically the same chip as the ULTRA so 1.4v ashouldn't harm it right?
    I'm not talking about the risk of flashing but about the voltage.
    The card is watercoolend btw so heat is no issue.

2. panZEr gt

panZEr gt Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800gt 433/1200 @ 1.4v AC-nv5 modded
    Mine's been fine. With watercooling you could potentially flash to 1.5v and get some really insane overclocks

3. jojokaizer

jojokaizer Active Member

GPU:
    6800 GT
    what I want to know is what the hell will it do when it goes up to 1.4v..... I have my gt at ultra speeds running fine but anything higher I get artifacts or lines. will upping the voltage help or not?

4. mustrum

mustrum Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 TI
    Yeah it usually gives much better clocks on the core AND on the memory. The question is will it harm the card or not?

5. panZEr gt

panZEr gt Master Guru

GPU:
    For me, at 1.3v I wasn't able to get to 1.2ghz memory without the coolbits test failing. With 1.4v I can run at 1.22 and with a higher core speed.

6. jojokaizer

jojokaizer Active Member

GPU:
    6800 GT
    yeah, but are you getting artifacts and stuff after? cause as of now 405 on the core will already give me lines..... does upping the voltage stop this?

7. rick deckard

rick deckard Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800nu@416/875@16+1,6@1,4v@water
    i've got a softmodded 6800 nu and it goes stable at 415/875 at 1.4v.
    I tried 415/900 but i got artefacts and lines.
    I think that artefacts and lines are generated by higher memory clock.

8. panZEr gt

panZEr gt Master Guru

GPU:
    I've never seen artifacts, the coolbits test either fails or the oc works in my experience

9. mustrum

mustrum Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 TI
    I am a bit worried since a dude over at nvnew got a dead card after he had his card running just fine at 1.4v for several months! He flashed an ULTRA bios though wich is known to cause trouble on GT cards.

10. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 7800GTX 512mb
    Yeah, flashing with an Ultra bios is really bad for your card, it screws up your memory, when you think of it, 1.6ns ram uses probably different timings, so...your 2ns ram can't handle it...

But 1.4vGPU is fine, its the same core as the Ultra.....so...been that for 3 weeks now and no problems........

11. Insight

Insight Guest

Yes, it should stop artifacting and allow a higher OC.
    OC your GPU and memory seperatly, so U can distinguish with is giving U artifacts. 1.4v is perfectly safe. I could only do @420/1.00 at 1.3v. At 1.4v I can do 450/1.10! Every card is different. Use Rivatuner to moniter your temps and make sure U are not exceeding @92c.:D

12. mustrum

mustrum Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 TI
    Another question about the flashing. I plan to set my clocks to 400/1100 or maybe more by bios. Should i set 2d clocks the same as 3D clocks. I read that this helps with Ultras and stability problems. Is it a good thing to do with a GT as well?

13. Insight

Insight Guest

Not sure, I left my 2D settings at stock and set the 3D to 400/1.00 1.4v, and I have no stability issues at all. My core loves the volts but my memory does not like staying at 1.10 for some reason. Just make sure your card is perfectly stable at those speeds before you set your bios to it. Again every card will have different results and you won't know what your results will be until you try!:)

AKA: -PMAN6-