Is 5G technology bad for our health?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Dec 8, 2019.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    your thoughts on the topic...Thanks!

as for myself...Heck I don't know?

2. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I don't know about health, but the local news channel said that 5G uses about the same frequency as weather radars so it might interfere when 5G becomes the standard. I haven't heard anything besides that though so maybe it was just paranoia on their part.

airbud7 likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Sorta perhaps, seeing how people drive, bike and even walk and then face down into the phone or headphones on or both and ... splat.
    Not sure about the actual radio waves and all that though, seems less of a hazard over just actually being aware on the traffic and road condition and not blasting right through the speed limit in denser populated areas or tougher roads particularly here with the winter conditions and what not but it's not like that's the only factor. :D

Think the Pokeman fad is down a bit so it's not quit apt to use Pokemon Go Against Red but the Minecraft thing is starting up now so I guess Minesweeped (Off the road.) or Minesplatted (All over the road.) depending on how that ends up.

EDIT: Well there's smart driving now but it might not always apply, such as if it's an Adolf.

Ain't braking for that.
    (Or what to use really, there's been enough Tesla and fun poked on the low-poly car thing already.)

EDIT: On the entirely different side of the coin AI controlled driving and some algorithm and learning could indeed have some less desirable sides if we're going full grimdark cyberpunk sci-fi future but that's not anytime soon last I knew at least.

Although for the mast though and G5 as a upgrade over G4 and stronger signals I don't think it's anywhere near hazardous personally but I also don't know for sure but there's plenty of noise and signals and all kinds of things and air particles and pollution so I doubt it'll change much over what exists already but what do I know.

We'll know in a generation or two I suppose, lucky them!
    (I'm just oh so positive really.)

EDIT: Although compared to the United States (Much as the EU pokes fun at the infrastructure or parts of it over in the states.) I don't think Sweden at least is quite as far with adapting and installation and switching over to the 5G though there's a number of of masts all over the country and the debate was quite heated for when the 4G expansion was in full swing so I expect it go into it even further once the 5G shift is well into phase and getting closer to finalization. :)

Might already be underway though I haven't been following the transition much or at all other than seeing some general flyers on the usual hazards on radiation and all that once more.
    Expecting it to be a mix of new land to be bought for placing additional towers and the hardware upgrade and transition to 5G for the existing ones and what's needed here and the time frame for it all over the next years or so both having a lot of debating back and forth and arguments and counter arguments.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    airbud7 likes this.
  4. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 Pulse
    We have discussed it a few weeks ago in the physics class

If it's bad for our health then Wifi (2.4GHz or 5Ghz) LTE/4G as well as 3G or Bluetooth devices / Wireless Headsets / Wireless Game Controllers etc are harmful too

Its the same, depending on region and country 5G uses different (higher) frequencies (3.6Ghz) as well as ower sutff in the 2.1Ghz or even lower under 1Ghz so everything we're already using may be a problem already then.

I don't get it why it's now being discussed, my parents are also a bit concerned as local media posted rumors and not years ago :)

airbud7 likes this.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

You're on the internet with vast resources to answer this question. This is an attention thread, you've been here too long to pretend you're this inept with tech.
    Just sayin... you can do a lot better.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It's being more widely discussed because of the media attention on the wider adoption, seems like a reasonable inference. 5G does not use ionizing frequencies, neither does 4G or LTE or CDMA. So the biggest danger, is distraction.

7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Infowars has all kinds of reports about this. https://www.infowars.com/?s=5g

Me personally I think there is the possibility of some long term health risks. Just imagine if we could actually see all the different frequencies of data that are constantly moving around us. We're basically consumed by invisible information, that doesn't seem very natural. But then again what now days doesn't harm us?

airbud7 likes this.
  8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Naturally!

9. Muhammad Kashif

Muhammad Kashif New Member

GPU:
    500 gb
    thanks

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Uhm probably not more or less dangerous than anything else that's already showing how general public health is declining.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I don't know about 5G but 4G is definitely bad for my health.

Struggling with signal strength and download speeds has increased my blood pressure permanently.

chanw4, sykozis, sverek and 2 others like this.
  12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Do any of your have any idea how many 'waves' human beings deal with on a daily basis?

It's a drop in the Ocean...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Dude, 5G signal can be blocked by umbrella....

14. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Respected scientists said, If we were to colorize frequency waves lurking in the atmosphere, people would be afraid to get outside even for a walk or become crazy inside their houses. We are lucky that everything is invisible. Clean air and/or clear view would be the biggest lies in humankind's history. :)

Passus likes this.
  15. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

16. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Get your tinfoil hat on -

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  17. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Pretty cool... you can keep it from moving if you just look straight at and not move your eyes side to side or up or down.

airbud7 likes this.
  18. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  19. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
  20. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    What if I am colour-blind; do I just feel like I am at the eye doctor's trying to find the number 8 so I can go home with my new contacts :p

EDIT: pretty cool... for me it would go a little forward, stop then go backwards as if to tell me the story of my life and to say "Yes indeed... you are broken..." lol. jokes aside that's actually what it did... little forward .. little back but always stuck in the same place and very slow.

airbud7 likes this.