is 11.1 around yet?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by davetheshrew, Jan 4, 2011.

1. rone

rone Member Guru

Some info from my event log, afther installing CCC 10.12. TDR events playing video. Nice!

[​IMG]

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    @MyBrains
    Sorry for quoting, but you didn't really explain your problem before after.

Have you tried TwL or DNA modded drivers?
    Ive seen TwL putting some kind of fix up, might be worth a try.
    Else try to ask him, might be that he has an idea of whats wrong and maybe even able to fix it.

3. Krazy Fox

Krazy Fox Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R6870 Twin Frozr II R
    Lots to be said of both 68xx and 69xx series . There is NOT one driver that works for All cards.// Each Mfgr. ( Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, Sapphire , etc:.) card produced seems to like a particular Driver over another ... be it 10.8 or 10.10e or 10.12 they are all Buggy ..one just happens to not have as many problems as another version of the driver.

My MSI HD 6870 is still awaiting a proper driver cause 8.801 (Catalyst 10.12) still has flaws. Nothing like pushing Unreliable Products out the Door ..its about making profits now .. easier to Pass the Buck to the Consumer and let them hang out to dry. Give us your money and in return give you an unproven product that might work. Either way... LAUGHing :grin: at you as they walk away with your money.

We the consumers are the testers for their Research and Development Dept. so they can mess things up again since they throw away any feedback and do as they are pleased.

Pick a Number , when they yell NEXT ..start talking to the Wall :bang:

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Depends on how you go about "upgrading" drivers....if you run driver sweeper, reg cleaners, etc...then the problems are the user's fault...

5. BrandonB22

BrandonB22 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6870 1GB
    I switched to a 6870 when Nvidia and Fallout :NV didn't play well together.

I can honestly say I never had a nvidia driver give me so many hours of TROUBLE FREE gaming. They'll prob screw it up tomorrow.. but until then.. consider me a very happy ATI customer. And don't call me a fanboy. I've bought my share of both brands.. :)

In order..

Voodoo Banshee
    Nvidia TNT2
    ATI 9600(somelettersIdon'tremember)
    ATI X800
    Nvidia 7800GTs SLI'd
    Nvidia 9800GTX
    Nvidia GTX260's SLI'd
    ATI 6870

Now all I need is a different processor. I think I got the worst i7 to ever come out of the factory. i7 920 (c0) that only hits 3.3 stable.

Anyway.. Yall' carry on. I'll continue to sit back and wait patiently for my new drivers.

6. Diernes

Diernes Member Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 3gb SLI
    Maybe you just fail. I have a 6870 with latest drivers and it's working fine...

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes thats all to the poll. personally i think just one method should be enough. the way you just described it would be a never ending battle.
    Unless its a hobby , id say you would go pretty tired of mentioning problems to feedback forms, telephone,facebook, twitter, different forums , think there are more that i cant think of now. besides do you also recommend this for leaked beta's ?
    i dont see why you think its not a good idea to also besides giving feedback to the maker, discussing the problems on these forums. so far you just keep repeating yourself and saying you need to contact the maker. Guru3d has been more helpfull in all these years than all the makers have been to me. dont put people down like they dont know anything.

caps , what a joke that is. they prioritize the wrong games. i think there are more people playing hot pursuit then tron dont you think ? besides where are the faster updates like they stated ? but your right, its common knowledge the only thing you can do is wait.
    i dont know what you were reffering to , but the only additional thing i can think of is more performance to the 6xxx series. additional functions like gameprofiling would be out of the question, and nobody gives a **** about divx.

8. TheJakeyl88

TheJakeyl88 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 - 1GB
    I am so sick of hearing BSOD this, BSOD that, I have had so many ATI cards from 1997 to now, and a handful of nvidia cards, never have I ever, ever seen a BSOD from anything graphics related.

I have seen countless people overclock the hell out of their system, overvolt it to death, run at 60-80c case/cpu temps, have no idea how to properly setup their motherboard, how to maintain and configure software correctly.... The list goes on, but none of these people seem to want to ever research or learn anything, they just want to throw their hardware together and complain when they see a BSOD and blame it on their card, because after all, the BSOD is on the monitor, it HAS to be the card!

People think all computers are, are just what they see on the screen, like there is no intricate and highly complex systems working in the background, much software that all needs to be configured, up to date and properly running without a hitch. One little tiny thing can mess up so many things.

How many times have we encountered an issue that the fix or cause was completely unrelated.

It takes an enormous amount of patience and time, I didn't have a handle on graphics, and everything that goes into it for years and years, theres just thousands and thousands of different scenarios, tweaks, tips, problems, ect. Now everyone just sits and waits for a driver to "fix everything" and when it doesn't they whine, and whine and whine.

I never expected any help from manufactures, once it was in my system it was up to me to get the thing to work, and I didn't expect it any other way.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  9. Lacusmons

Lacusmons Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    I find the Catalyst version of 10.12 to work really well on my system. The Preview one did lock up second and fourth core on my quadfire system but not the Catalyst version. The only problem i have with this set, is Lost Planet 2 in DX11 mode but that is a known issue.

I haven't had a BSOD yet and the driver puts the system to sleep correctly, compared to the preview driver. The preview driver just turns off the monitor and after 5 minutes, the computer BSOD's.

10. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    I think people should just wish that AMD Driver team gets the DVA stable no matter do they or not include the new video model accelerations. Stability currently is more
    important. Also, they should relook at driver 3D effect application code and replicate the HD6xxx sets on old hard instead than mixing the new and old and considering that they
    would have skill to actually control 2 where they couldn't even get a single setup working in past year for HD2-5 cards.

Further more (what really cannot even anylonger consider as they already screwed up so badly) would be fixation of split by detection OpenGL processing and not what they
    have been building past 6 months is something uber stupid and very slow to users. They cannot control the profiling they do not understand it well enough yet and utilizing code
    like 'block all rest' under profiling is the most stupid thing I have seen since CCC 10.2 where last one was v9.8.

Now I have nothing against amd driver team, but stupidity is not an privilege even while carrying the AMD keyholder.

11. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Wait, you are ignoring 59.09% of the poll? Now that's funny. And the "never ending battle" is just an excuse. If a person is having an issue and can't seem to get it fix suggesting that they contact them isn't putting them down. Filing out the survey forum is just one method. It doesn't make it the only method.

I've not mention anything regarding beta drivers so that's moot. Furthermore, regardless of how you feel about Caps they are releasing them. If there is something they don't have yet one has to wait for it. That's been a common theme for drivers in general so I don't think it's something new. There is always a game someone wants to play vs a game someone doesn't care for. So I don't find a profile for one game any more relevant then another. The Cap update for Tron is an example of faster update. So I don't know what you are talking about.

As for Cat 11.1 in general I really don't have any expectations for anything in particular.

I hear yeah...But I've seen examples where a community pulls together and tries to help someone and no matter what is suggested nothing fixes their problem. So for me I just refer them back to whom ever they got the hardware from.

12. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    6850 here and no issues at all...never had a GPU give me an issue.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  14. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Shhhhhh, nVidia's drivers are perfect! And always on time! :wanker:

I just found this today, it seems Eurocom published mobility 11.1 Catalysts.
    (Quoted from Laptopvideo2go)

Can someone mod the INF to use these with desktops?

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    no nfs11.exe or Divinity2.exe , oh well maybe next month

16. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Modding them to desktop brb
    nice find :)

17. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Thanks!

Does this call for a new thread?

18. StayPuftArg

StayPuftArg New Member

GPU:
    Que Ti
    omg :):wanker::infinity::biggun::banana:

19. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    k done gonna install them now, see if everything is ok then, and i'm gonna make a thread and upload the driver

20. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Ok!

Can't wait to try em out :nerd: