1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is 11.1 around yet?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by davetheshrew, Jan 4, 2011.

1. MDewy

MDewy Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5650M Bios OCed
  2. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Most Radeon users don't care about 'improved Dead Space 2 graphics'.
    What we really need is 'improved stability & functionality'. =/
    Besides, the new CCC is crap anyway.

3. MDewy

MDewy Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5650M Bios OCed
    As a mobility user who can't use ATITray tool ... ever since I started using RadeonPro I stopped caring about CCC

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I always just use CCC once for first-time setting after an update, and then killing CCC.exe & MOM.exe from Task Manager and disable CCC on Windows startup. =b

5. MISMCSA

MISMCSA Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 6870 1GB
    Same here

6. ManofGod

ManofGod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    How does that work if you need HDTV scaling and custom resolutions?

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    The reason why I said 70C as I was referring to the TCase temperature, not the individual core temperatures which can be several degrees higher. The Tcase temperature of an i5 750 is actually only 72.7C, and thats directly from Intel :)

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=42915&processor=i5-750&spec-codes=SLBLC

The problem is, some temperature programmes just report the core temperatures, or just the first core temperature, or maybe an average of the core temperatures?, the real temperature to be concerned with is the actual CPU case temperature (the metal outside of the CPU), which is the 72.7C mentioned for the TCase.

I'm currently doing video encoding, my CPUTIN temp as reported by PC-Wizard (different programmes may even read the same sensors at different values apparently, and may use different terminologies), is 59C. My core 1 temp is 73C, core 2 temp 63C, core 3 is 67C, core 4 is 66C.

I can only assume your temps are the incorrectly reported core temps, because if its the TCase temp, then your CPU could be looking at being close to death...!

8. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Same old story new drivers added enchancements. Also same old story of only the guys that don't what they are doing complaining about driver issues. Is it not funny how me and others that never have issues are like the rest of the educated world that do gpu reviews and they don't mention driver problems. Maybe us with brains should post more online of how amd drivers are problem free and shut these idiots up that complain cuz they don't have a clue what they are doing.

9. Enmity

Enmity Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FE SLI
    i think part of the reason why you have had a problem free experience is because you're using a single gpu - most driver related issues are generally multigpu systems. I don't think it's people not knowing what they're doing at all - perhaps in some instances you're right - but in a lot of situations when dealing with the complications of multigpu systems the drivers simply are the culprit. For example : with 10.12 official installed on my crossfire 5850's, my second gpu is locking at 99% gpu usage, with 10.5a installed it's completely fine. This is most definitely a driver problem, not a ID 10 T error.

10. DarkSilver

DarkSilver Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForceā„¢ GTX 670 JS
    True. That's why I said different places different temperature. It doesn't matter as long as it won't spoil easily. CPU can last for every long as mentioned many times already.

I am doing 3D Rendering/Simulation usually. The temperature hit around 70C++ when 8 Threads of my Core i7 is at 100%. I am damn happy with it. However, when using the Prime95(run the maximal heat test), my CPU hits 80C++. 10C difference. LOL!
    So, I guess I am very safe because no more software can run that hot except Prime95(or maybe something similar like Prime95).

11. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Because that what works for me and apparently MISMCSA too.
    It's a personal preference & needs.
    I don't need HDTV scaling & custom resolutions, so why bother?

It is an ID 10 T error, but of the other end of the spectrum, not the users.

12. ManofGod

ManofGod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    So the answer is then, if I need to do those things, I have to have CCC running at all times?

13. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Maybe.
    Or you can just start CCC only when it's necessary; disabling CCC at Windows startup doesn't remove the ability to start CCC later on.
    After you've finished setting things up, you can kill CCC.exe & MOM.exe and still keep the settings.
    Or you could try RadeonPro to enable per-application settings.

The only reason I always kill CCC.exe & MOM.exe is that they cause my games to stutter a lot, and that's the only use I have for my card (gaming, that is); DXVA support is a joke for anything under 720p.

14. Scyphe

Scyphe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon 7950@1150/1700
    I care about improved Dead Space 2 graphics?

15. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Then you're probably not one of those 'most Radeon users'?

16. h2on0

h2on0 Member

GPU:
    ati 2 x 5870
    I wish people would just stop complaining and actually goto the amd/ati site and fill out their ID 10 T complaint form so that ati/amd could adress these issues.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i think you missed the poll. its not like EVERYOINE is not filling in the form.

18. Scyphe

Scyphe Master Guru

GPU:
    How do you know 'most Radeon users' aren't interested? Have you asked every single user that own a Radeon card?

19. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    How do you know 'most Radeon users' are, then?
    Personally, from what I've gathered after reading the threads on this forum, most users over here more often than not are having problems with the driver's stability and/or functionality.

That's my reasoning; your turn.

...oh crap, I think I just fed the troll.

20. Scyphe

Scyphe Master Guru

GPU:
    Yes, stop eating all that crap. ;)

"Most" Radeon users don't post @ Guru3D. You can't take a forum where support is a main issue and make that representative for the whole shebang. An overwhelming majority here at Guru3D seems to have problems when it involved Crossfire. Those are in minority compared to the content Radeon users that don't complain about it.