iPhone 4 as company phones

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by evilkelvin, Jun 6, 2011.

1. evilkelvin

evilkelvin Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 XFX BLACK
    Hey guys, I am currently working for a company and we have iPhones as company phones (bad idea I know..) but I need to find a way for us to put all the company numbers onto every iPhone without manually entering them in. On top of that, the numbers must be in a sub-folder of some sort in the contact list on the iPhone. We have an exchange server that all the iPhones are connected to at the moment.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If each iPhone user is using Outlook (with exchange server) or another email program you could just make all the contacts and then export them as a file and import into each Outlook. If worse comes to worse and no one uses a email program on another machine you could add all the accounts to your copy of Outlook and do it for everyone and then remove the accounts?

3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Haha, it is indeed unusual.. Most companies including our own use blackberrys...

4. Darkeh

Darkeh Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX980
    umm presumably if you are using exchange, then the iphones can just look up the global address list? thus if the info is in active directory its already available and separated. (and benefits from central administration)

Select your Contacts
    Select Groups
    Select your e-mail address
    Enter the name you wish to search for and press Search

The full details of the Exchange contact will be displayed and from here you can choose either to email or call.

^^^ Thats apparently how you search the GAL on the iphone (sorry dont have one to hand to test)

if that's not an acceptable solution, then pretty much what Jeremy said, if you are an enterprise admin just give yourself full permissions on their mail boxes, open each one and import a folder into their contacts, the problem being if someones name changes you have to change it on each user each time.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

5. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    I know there is a program for PPC phones and its called PIM backup. Not sure for iPhone though. Doesnt Google also allow for a sync of contacts?