iPad 2 is launched...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Thug, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  2. Thug

Thug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'm sorry, but i would be embaressed for posting that.

It wasn't even in the slightest bit funny, and that annoying i couldnt even watch it all the way through.

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    For now yes, until apps are made to support multiple cores. But I really can't see that happening really until dual core becomes a standard in mobile devices.

4. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Multitasking on the iOS is the a bloody joke! Eg: I leave the youtube app in the background to buffer and go play some games while it finishes, I come back only to find out that it has not been loading!
    Most apps go to a freeze state~!
    A dual-core is not gonna change any of that. I am disappointed with multitasking to say the least.

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    And they keep releasing crap. When are they going to stop? ALL they do is overprices, overrated and sucks.
    I rather buy a netbook over this pile of poo.

[​IMG]

6. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Failure is failure. For what Apple products are, they are priced fair considering what they're made of, and how they're made. You want overpriced? Look at the Motorola Xoom. The Xoom starts off at $599. Ipad starts off at $499.

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    That's my opinion though, I just hate Apple.
    Also hate motorola. I have a low end cellphone pass from my sister and the crappy "os" it has is a pain in the ass. I don't expected anything awesome, but it's worse than my older Sony Ericsson....
    So, both companies are in my hated list.

8. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    A small laptop would be cheaper, and better for me.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Guys,

Y U NO LOVE APPLE?

today visited BMW seller..fcking BMW 3.16i at price of sht..over priced..but i know that thats BMW, they give what they STAND FOR..apple stand for? quality? i think yes..reliable products? yes.. good customer service? dont know..

but comon..some of u just HATE it for now reason :)

10. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    Apple products from my view are generally well made but overpriced and not very good customer support. I dont hate their products but I do tend to view them as more of a fashion company more than a good technology company.

Their iPhone and iPad have however catapulted existing product lines into the spotlight, smartphones have been around for years and so have tablet's Apple just made them alot more usable and consumer friendly. I think alot of the 'Apple hate' comes from the fact that people preach as though apple invented half the things they sell when they didnt they just built them right and sold them to the right people.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Well said mate. But i dont get it, does apple say thy INVENTED things? But i read some people on internet that apple invented some stuff. This is some users fault i guess.

12. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    wifi only xoom is 539 at sams club and has a slightly bigger screen, can do flash, much better graphic capabilities (nvidia tegra 2) and can be rooted. Overpriced? meh.. probably a little...they would do better to have it below the apple tampon but it is what it is...there will be others.

For most people the apple tampon...err..ipad is going to work better as its battery life (because of fake multitasking) and app store are superior..plus its made so everyone can pick one up and use it right away (for the masses, for the stupid).

Im an android fanboy but ive bought apple before....in fact..if given the choice of a used ipad1 for 300 or a xoom for 500...I would probably go with apple (or just root a nook color like I have already done for 250).

13. stone-eye

stone-eye Master Guru

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    No Apple don't say they invented things but average people who never knew about windows mobile phones etc or tablet PC's prior to Apple's bits of kit seem to think they invented the whole thing.

This isn't helped by Mr Job's seeming to call every new release innovative and magical and all sorts of other words for things that have existed for years but that makes it seem like Apple are discovering them for the world.

14. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    With a sams club membership, not that price everywhere and Sams Club isn't available to everyone. And better graphics capabilities?
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/12/ipad-2-specs-discerned-900mhz-arm-cortex-a9-and-powervr-sgx543m/
    CPU core they're the same, the gpu is better in the Ipad.

It's easy to multitask, people call it "fake multitasking" because it doesn't handle multiple tasks the same way Android does. It's very easy to multitask in ios 4 devices(aside the 3g)

As much as I like Android and love messing with them, you shouldn't have to hack your device to make it work better.

15. Wanny

Wanny Guest

The real question is : Will Mr. Bigtime buy it?

16. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  17. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    All that I know is the couple tegra 2 games that are out look superior to anything apple has on the market even compared to the ipad2 revised versions, but these tests say otherwise and thats fine. Post jailbreaking and giving the ipad2 flash it may be a worthy purchase for me (technically my wife, id toy with it but you wouldnt catch me in public using it).

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    ofcourse i will do it man :nerd:

But the other question is, how much money iam gonna able to sell my ipad 1 .

19. Thug

Thug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    What games are better?
    Not an argument, just i have never seen any tegra games, so dont know anything about them.

What can be an argument is that how do you know that they are better than revised games for iPad 2 when its only been out for a few days? I havent even seen any iPad 2 only games yet, just the ONE in the link above.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  20. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Attack of the show had the review on the ipad yesterday, showed a revised game the revised pad2 version of a game where it had better AA and a couple more goodies but nothing stellar as the models were so blocky it made unreal tournament 1 look superb, im sure there will be better ipad games soon as far as graphics go (they already have better games, android doesnt even have my fav cheap game rope n fly.

If you want a tegra 2 game youtube samurai ii vengeance...looks like a friggin ps3 game...new ones are starting to pop up but stupid me just bought a droidx so all this tegra 2 stuff wont work with my chipset argh!...oh well.

PS bigtime the attack of the show review said if you have an ipad 1 its not worth the upgrade but if you dont have a tablet at all its the one to get...they harped about the crappy cameras, no flash camera, no adobe flash (without jailbreaking) but other than that it was a perfect 5 out of 5.