Ion Fury (new Build engine fps!)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by AsiJu, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Auto redirect to a picture of a hand drawn my little pony or something.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Auto redirect to a .gif of burning paper bag with crap. Though that's a bit unfair.

Burning crap is more interesting and to the point.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    wait, what about a picture of a snowflake as seen under a microscrope

4. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Just had a peek at the thread in question...just facepalm. What the hell is going on in gaming circles these days, just embarrassing.

Devs were pretty much spot on and that snowflake clan just proved their point.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    And what do you know...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...or-sexist-and-transphobic-comments-from-staff

I really hope that Resetera douchebag is proud of himself now. Well procreating done!

But lesson learned I hope for Voidpoint and others: in this day and age say absolutely nothing that could in any way be interpreted as anything towards anyone.
    In short best to say nothing at all...

however I'll make a personal vow here and now that I will punch every single SJW, activist, equal rights type person in the gut! Men and women equally, no gender based discrimination!

There, feel free to copy-paste that to any-procreating-where you want and come get me. I'll be waiting, sharpening my axe on the porch...

procreating retards... get a life and/or a job!

If I offended anyone with this post I'm very procreating sorry!

Repo Man and cerebus23 like this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    they should have just ignored reeeesetera.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    The whole site should be wiped off the the internet and its users classified as terrorists!

Such a shame about the game but an even bigger shame is the devs bending to Resetera's whining which just empowers those goons and gives them more incentive to try and pull off this crap in the future.

Don't like it ? don't play it! Stick to your genderfluid unicorn tycoon games or whatever, I don't like them and I don't play them and I sure as hell don't go out of my way to ruin the fun of the people who enjoy those games, whatever they may actually be.

RzrTrek and AsiJu like this.
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    My thoughts exactly.

The fact we live in a world where a single post from a single person makes a company:

- issue a public apology
    - feel the need to donate 10k to charity just to make things right
    - alter their product

is just beyond me. Given what the actual "issue" was.

Anyhoo I calmed my nerves playing a few hours of Ion Maiden and the game just keeps giving :)

Haven't had this fun in a while. Perfectly captures what made Duke, SW, Blood so good and adds a ton of its own style and charm on top.

Also game seems to be really long, I've probably played for good 4 ... 5 hours and only now saw the first end of zone screen.

And that's with only some backtracking / secret hunting. Though I often just stop to admire what has been created.

If modern games are Pixar movies then Ion Maiden is a hand-drawn old Disney animation :)

PS: out of principle I will henceforth refer to this game by its original name.
    As I remembered this is the second time a change has been forced by sheer stupidity.

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Funny how everything has to be political these days, at least in the west.

Ion Fury Developer Tells Gamers to Pirate The Game

https://gamerant.com/ion-fury-pirate-game/

What worries me is that if they have removed content once, it might happen again.

I wasn't offended and neither were my friends, but whatever happened to artistic freedom?

AsiJu likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    they didn't remove anything significant.

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    This game is freaking amazing, and even better when you ignore all the political crap going on. I spent well over an hour last night on a single mission near the end just trying to figure out one secret. Gave up and had to continue on. This is definitely a repayable game. Some of those secrets are just insanely well hidden.

AsiJu likes this.
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    the fact a dev tossed one of theirs under the bus and pandered to these morons? they deserve the backlash what the guy said was non controversial less your a retard. oh no i said something "transphobic" another made up nonsense word.

AsiJu likes this.
  13. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Oh I agree that the entire thing is stupid. I don't think it was transphobic at all personally, but I'm trying to look past all this crap and enjoy the game anyways. It's a really good game and it's not exclusive on the Epic store.. I really don't care that some people got triggered at the slightest, that kind of stuff just makes me laugh and move on. Social media has given all these people a loud voice, but I just choose to ignore them anyways like the rest of the world should :)

Also, as far as the other side of the controversy.. I like the new look of Shelly anyways. I never really cared for the really ditsy looking version with the over-sized fake boobs.. it just looked stupid and made her seem like a cartoon character with a really dumb personality.

AsiJu and cerebus23 like this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    none of the trans people i know thought it was a problem, but they certainly think Resetera's headstrong agenda is hurting their image.

RzrTrek and AsiJu like this.
  15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Hey I just got a brilliant idea: they should release a "politically correct" version that's exclusive to Epic store for these wankers to get.
    Steam could still have the original version and everyone's happy. You'd have a choice: original = Steam, "correct" = Epic. Yes!

But all the inconsequential bullcrap aside the game is f-in' awesome, I've played it for three days straight (and no this isn't a homophobic pun, disclaimer) for 2..3 hours a day and gonna play a fourth today.

Sad that the release had to be tarnished by a few British has-beens and apparently a Resetera never-will-be, but that doesn't take anything away from the game. Well except the cut content...
    I'd wish you could at least opt-in for a "beta" version that doesn't have the cuts. Just out of principle.

I wanna gush on about the game but find it hard not to talk about this auxiliary stuff, so to speak.

While perfectly understanding I'm just as triggered as that Resetera pigeon fucker, albeit for just about as different reasons as can be.
    The irony is hilarious yes, hahaha, I'm dying of laughter...

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    They didn't remove any content.

One small sprite, a bottle of soap, was modified. But is still in the game.
    The other line of text, that was left over in a very old Dev room was removed. This room was only accessible through cheating, noclipping to it, and only if you knew exactly were it was.

The game was not censored, and no gameplay/level/enemy... no actual content was removed.

Astyanax likes this.
  17. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    Just finished the game nice job and it is really more fun then new games i will be happy to play it again. :D

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    That's more like it. I particularly like the we shouldn't have even considered it part. Our bad.

Gaming's most controversial facewash, haha :D

But a gameplay related thing for a change: does difficulty level affect the tracking ability of bowling bombs or has it just been tweaked from the preview campaign?

They seem to travel pretty straightforward now or bounce when colliding, but not really home in on targets.

Minor thing but just wondering.

I've also started using the Ion Bow more and more, it's pretty useful and versatile actually.
    I do wish there was more SMG and chaingun ammo though, meaning you could get more than 240 / 250.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    didnt they still fire a guy over a nontroversy?

so they kept the joke guy still lost his job to idiots.