IOC member says Tokyo 2020 could face 'cancellation' Canada and Australia bow out of games

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by gerardfraser, Feb 25, 2020.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    lol what.. I posted with what media made a fuss each year, it's no different now with this bs.

airbud7 likes this.
  2. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    Then the MSM gets pissed off when we called them fake news. If infectious flu like diseases are a reason to cancel anything, nobody would do anything public anymore. We would all live in bubbles like the bubble-boy in Seinfeld.

airbud7 and -Tj- like this.
  3. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Plz stop this " influenza kills......" thing.
    Influenza and COVID19 isnt same thing . They are different.
    COVID19's mortality rate isn't reliably fixed. Many people are still infected not having any outcome yet. And it might go up to 4-6% (my predictions though)
    Whats the influenza mortality rate?
    Plus, it is a completely uncharted territory for human race unlike influenza.
    And still its human to human transmission isnt completely understood yet.
    Media hype is one thing , and cancellation of all to and from direct flight is a whole different thing .
    And one sad fact .
    Italy was one of the two earliest to suspend all direct flight from and to china . Yet it got hit harder than any other countries in the EU.
    COVID19 has every possibility to trun into a global Pandemic. Face the truth. Stop hiding face in the sand by saying " everything is gonna be fine. It is just an influenza "

4. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    You can panic. I'll be fine. We'll see who lives a longer, healthier life.

Alessio1989 and airbud7 like this.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Let's all look on the bright side!

Every second, 1.8 humans die and 4.2 humans are born.

If this virus killed 1 person per second the number of deaths would increase to 2.8....This would obviously be a big deal—it would be responsible for over a third of all deaths—but, at least for a while, our population would continue to grow.
    At one death per second, any given person currently has a 0.464% chance of being chosen each year. Put another way, the scenario would result in 4.64 deaths per 1,000 people (or 464 per 100,000).

[​IMG]

A rate of one death per second isn’t enough to reverse population growth.

Mankind still wins out at 1 death a second....

:D

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Alessio1989 likes this.
  6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    No, you posted a list of absurd fear mongering by PEOPLE, not the media. Why did the obvious need repeating. Those are not headlines those are random blurts by nutters.

Can you explain why you insist the two options are PANIC or IGNORE?
    I'd say if you're always such an extremist and see everything as black and white, you're on your way to a very short life.

7. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
  8. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Just wash your hands my dude :D

airbud7 and Brasky like this.
  9. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    IF that was actually the way to get a virus, the world would be a better place. if you want to smoke, just actually smoke.

airbud7 likes this.
  10. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    It's not IGNORE, it's more like practicing basic hygiene and living a relatively healthy lifestyle so that I don't have a compromised Immune system. Age I can't control, but most things that go in and on with my body I can have some influence on.

airbud7 likes this.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Last I look at reports there was 60 in the states , I just checked today and we up to 256 and 2 in my state roughly 2 hours away from my location, I dont really go out much since all this other then for things like food, my parents on other hand are always going in and out my father knows about im sure my mom does to cause of my dad always saying was your hands and coming touch things and or coming home, but my mom one those stick head in sand and ignore it till a problem happens then say "I wasnt told"

Now trump is under fire for lack test being made available but signed 8.2billion bill to help, the world is lill prepared for this if it makes turn for the worse. and considering almost everything is made in china it grind economy to halt in alot place sooner or later

There need to be less concern of event losing attendee and things be delayed cause of the LOSE of money and more concern over the well being of people.

If something like "black death" were to ever hits us in this day and age, the amount of people that would die would be staggering.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Can you explain why you insist the two options are PANIC or IGNORE?
    I'd say if you're always such an extremist and see everything as black and white, you're on your way to a very short life;
    I wasn't commenting on what you do, but how you apparently see how everyone else reacts. You said "You can panic. I'll be fine. We'll see who lives a longer, healthier life." There was zero panic in the post you replied to.
    Reiterating your own personal hygiene again, is TMI.

13. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    lol, baby you know you like it when i talk clean living to you!

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    FB_IMG_1583626051478.jpg

:D

jbscotchman likes this.
  15. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Canada and Australia are out of the 2020 games.