Invalid access attempt when trying to log into GeForce.com forums

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Darren Hodgson, May 7, 2017.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Has anyone been unable to log into the GeForce.com forum due an invalid access attempt error? Since I can log into the forum to ask on there (and I really do not want to create another account either) I thought I would ask on here.

My email address is correct (it's the same one used for GeForce Experience and that keeps me signed in, no problem) and the password is definitely correct too but every time I try to log in I get an "invalid access attempt" error.

I Google-d it and it seems that a fix is to log out then back in but since I am not logged in then I obviously cannot do that. I've tried Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer and all of them throw up the same error. I also tried deleting all the cookies for GeForce and NVIDIA from Chrome but I still get the error.

Can anyone help? I haven't logged into the forum for a few weeks but on previous occasions I've had no problems (my browsers tend to save the log in details as well).

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Mine says invalid username/password, but likely because I haven't logged in for so many years, I didn't even know I had an account other than lastpass saving the credentials

3. RandomDriverDev

RandomDriverDev Banned

GPU:
    1080 / 8GB and 1060 / 6GB
    clear the cookies for that page, ctrl+f5 to force a full refresh and log in.

4. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    yes! i cant log in today

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Thanks but I've already tried all those in Chrome but it still does not work. If archie123 is also having issues then maybe the problem is not with our machines but the website itself?

6. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    tried on my tablet , it has the username and password stored to auto login , same thing , invalid password . Wonder if its a UK issue?

7. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Maintenance on-going.

8. dave6479

dave6479 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3
    I can log into the site no problem and leave posts but when I click access my account settings I then get the "invalid access". I also have to logout then login to fix this every time, it's been like this for months for me.

EDIT: Just checked can't log in either, must be like Khanmein said.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Would be nice if the message actually said that the site was undergoing maintenance but I guess that must be too difficult for NVIDIA! /rolls eyes