Introducing FLEM - The Legacy Modder for legacy DirectX 9 and 10 cards.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AmiloMan, Jul 14, 2013.

1. strangeluck

strangeluck Guest

GPU:
    AMD / 6750m / 1GB
    Not to disagree with you, but I've actually been using your tool to mod the mobility driver for my system. On a Macbook Pro with an HD6750M brightness control has been broken for my system since the 13.x series of drivers started being released. Using your tool and trial and error I found that the two files necessary for brightness control to function properly are atikmdag.sys and atikmpag.sys. By using the 12.10 versions of these two files I have been able to use the 13.6 and now 13.8 mobility drivers while running Windows 8 x64. Attempting to mod the desktop packages does not work on my system for some reason, even if I attempt to mod the .ini file to support my card the installer always fails to install the graphics driver. The mobility drivers however go through the cocktail maker with no need to mod the .ini file and everything installs without a problem.

So that's a lengthy way of saying thank you for this tool, it's been a while since I've been able to use updated drivers on this laptop without any issues. Also, if anyone else is stuck running Windows 8 on a Mac this post might help you out.

2. Abatap

Abatap Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650 1GB AGP
    It's me again. Fixed OpenGL by reusing the atioglxx.dll file from 13.4beta legacy driver and my DXVA was fixed by reusing the ativvaxx.dll (there is a second file called ativvaxx.cap that I didn't replace though) file from the same legacy driver. CCC's video settings page is fully functional now but those never-seen-before video options have dissapeared, oh well.

Fun fact: files from the 13.4beta legacy have much later file modification dates (like two weeks time difference) than those in the 13.4 driver so I'm not sure if this whole modding move was a step forward at all!

3. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    13.8 wont instal correctly,no d3d,open gl, and incorrect resolution. but the other ones worck fine except the d3d that remain old but that its my uncorrect use of the tool lol

4. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    Don't worry about installing CCC. You can regain the abilities using Radeon pro or using ati tray tools. I personally love ATT because it includes registry tweaking, overclocking, and graphic settings, all with profiles.

5. mrmagoooo

mrmagoooo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7750 OC 2gb
    [Redacted] Dual video cards

NM.

Worked out that the legacy and new drivers all use the same names sitting in the same folders so this is not possible.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  6. xbp13x

xbp13x Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4250M 256MB
    Hello, Iv'e tried 13.4beta legacy + 13.8beta and 13.4beta legacy + 13.4 normal and for the first one I was stuck in 1024x768 and the driver wasn't initialized. and for the other combo the screen just kept flashing endlessly, like the resolution kept changing.

What combo should I try? I have a ATI mobility radeon 4250 on windows 8.

7. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Use the 13.6 Beta 2 and the legacy 13.1 combo.

8. xbp13x

xbp13x Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4250M 256MB
    I tried that and now it's not installing at all. I think it has something to do with the mooder. For some reason now when I open it this pops up:

[​IMG]

And when the program opens GPU-DeviceID, Current driver date and Inf section boxes are all blank.

When installing with the install manager it fails, and if I try in device manager it says "The driver selected for this device does not support this version of windows"

9. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    It should not be behaving like that...... I don't see why it works partially on one driver and doesn't with the next. Are you sure you are using the correct files from the legacy package?
    The DEV-ID not being detected is a red flag already, meaning your mod will not succeed because there is nothing detected.
    Solution: Run FLEM as Administrator.

As for the other error I have never come across it and there have been no other reports about it. I can't replicate it on my system.

10. xbp13x

xbp13x Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4250M 256MB
    Ok I fixed that error and strings missing problem by rolling back the driver to the stock one. Ok so I got the driver installed and it did that endless resolution change again. After 2 minutes I held in the button to restart. Upon restart my resolution is stuck at 1024x768 and device manager shows

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

Looks like I'm gonna have to be stuck with 13.4beta for awhile.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013

11. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Don't forget to always restart your computer with Driver Signature Disabled.
    Sorry Dude wish I knew how to help you but its just that I don't know what exactly you are doing. From experience I noticed that users finally figure what their card needs and get to MOD it correctly. Hope you will be one of them eventually.

12. xbp13x

xbp13x Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4250M 256MB
    I do have it with the signatures disabled.

Got the 13.6beta 2, browsed to that, selected the essential legacy files from 13.1, and won't work. I'm not sure what id need to get it working. If anyone has any idea I'm open for testing.

I'm back on windows 7 now instead of 8, I wonder if that would change anything.

//EDIT WOW amazing, did the same thing on windows 7 and it didn't do the endless resolution change. Something must be wrong with windows 8.

Currently running 13.6beta2 modded.

Also Opengl did not work, needed to use the opengl files from the legacy driver. (aitoglxx.dl_, atiogl.xml) and also had to add atio6axx.dl_ to the new driver package manually)

Also is there any way to permanently disable driver signature enforcement? It's kind of a pain to always disable it at startup for the driver to work.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  13. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Great, good job using the cocktailmaker, that is why there are many file options to choose from.
    For Windows 7 driver signature enforcement can be automated by using ReadyDriverPlus http://www.citadelindustries.net/rdp.php
    On Windows 8 activate Test Mode, google around to get the right precedure.

14. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I also had to use the OpenGL files from the legacy driver. In my case it was the 13.4 WHQL modded with the 10.2 legacy. My card, a Mobility Radeon Xpress 200M. only supports OpenGL 2.0 and the files in the 13.4 driver are 4.0.

15. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Thanks for your feedback.

OS Windows 7 64bit
    Card type ATI mobility radeon 4250
    Driver Modded 13.6 Beta 2 + 13.1 legacy base drivers

Successfully Modded !

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013

16. kaigai

kaigai Guest

GPU:
    8gb
    I don't see any of the All-in-Wonder line up except the AIW HD in the supported list. Does this mean I can't use the software? Because I tried it a few times and came out unsuccessful.

I'm using a AIW x1900

17. eagzor

eagzor New Member

Success mod of 13.8 beta windows 8 x64 using 10.2 legacy.
    Those whom failed with windows 8 probably did not correctly disabled drivers signature enforcement, google that.

Edit: Gfx is 4850

18. xbp13x

xbp13x Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4250M 256MB
    64bit* :)

I tried 13.8beta with 13.1 legacy and it did not work. (windows 7 and 8)

19. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Thanks for the clarification.

20. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    What is your DEV-ID? If it's in the supported list then there is chance that it will work on your card.