Introducing FLEM - The Legacy Modder for legacy DirectX 9 and 10 cards.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AmiloMan, Jul 14, 2013.

1. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB
    the problem is i cant find 11.11c...
    well its ok...
    report if you find any bug (on games browsers blue screens anywhere at all..)

2. Raalph

Raalph Guest

GPU:
    d
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  3. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB
    thank you alot :D

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    can we MOD CCC to unlock options so i can have a peace with Reg editing after updates ;-)
    R280X

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yes We can :D THX Bro for That.
    Can i post it in mY section of Tweaks for RadeonPRO + Windows etc. ?
    With Credit as always of course :)

PS. you can add options for:
    Texture LOD
    Stutter Mode
    etc. will be nice Tweak also for GCN's :banana::hatty:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  6. Raalph

Raalph Guest

GPU:
    d
  7. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Does it really works ?
    Can I mess up my GPU ?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  8. Raalph

Raalph Guest

GPU:
    d
    Well made it today, seems ok for now. Modded 15.7.1 with 11.11c. Just need to use more dll files from 11.11c in driver coctail maker. Starting from atikmdag.sy_ till atitmmxx.dl_. Then force to install this modded driver manually because setup will not work (use browse my computer for driver software). You need also to disable driver signature. Should work but will not have CCC. If you get to this point let us know here.

9. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    I've modded 15.8 with 13.4 legacy + 7 files. It works without CCC but I wonder if I strain it heavilly with Blender, GIMP, Krita and other opengl computations could there be memory malfunctions ?

10. Raalph

Raalph Guest

GPU:
    d
    If you get any problems just uninstall, all dll files are from original drivers. Modding with only +7 files will disable directx10 support. To install latest CCC I used another modded driver that is ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.09 V6 BETA. I simply extracted CCC2 folder from 15.7.1 to 12.11 and ran setup. Then used custom install and installed everything exept that 14.100 driver. Thats all and latest CCC is working.

11. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    I don't need CCC just full open gl support.
    Btw, does 13.9 for Win7-only have full opengl support in applications ?

12. Raalph

Raalph Guest

GPU:
    d
    I think you should ask kevsamiga1974 or someone else :)

13. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Great work modding the new drivers, the performance is impressive with the new drivers. By the way for the guys who have DX9 cards this works on them too, just use the 10.2 legacy drivers as base not to mention it works on the new 15.8.1 Beta driver as well.
    Whoever wants to use CCC they can MOD the 14.4's and install from setup as usual. Remember to uncheck the driver and AMD Gaming evolved options in Install Manager.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  14. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    If we have dx10.1 GPU which is the best base driver?
    Did anyone have problems regarding modded drivers?

15. NXR

NXR Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility RadeonHD3470
    first time using FLEM, i already have downloaded 13.9 and 12.11 and 11.11c and i've browsed to 12.11 driver folder but when i need to find the 8 dll's i just can't find them in 11.11c folder... might be a easy thing but it's my first time hahaha help?

P.S - just found out by myself hahaha, i had to manually select and the search doesn't work hahaa

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

16. Raalph

Raalph Guest

GPU:
    d
    Hey AmiloMan I am trying to find the newest dll files for flem (first 8 files). What I use now is showing in CCC 2d driver 8.01.01.1248 and direct3d 9.14.10.0968. Do you know of a driver that has higher ( more recent ) version of this dll files and would work with legacy card?

17. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Have you tried the 13.9 Legacy driver files? They are the highest legacy driver files out there but they are 7.14.10.911 which is even older. Since you are on a DX10 card you could give the 14.4's a shot, haven't tested those so I guess it is up-to you to find out :) :infinity:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  18. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Does FLEM work modding drivers for use with Windows 10?

19. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Currently with that version of FLEM you can't use it on win10 drivers, but there is a work around with the 8.1 drivers e.g from the 15.8 Betas or the 15.7.1 Packages you can install them from Device Manager after modding the driver.

• Mod the driver as usual, reboot your system and turn off the digital signature enforcement.
    • Install the driver and reboot with DSE disabled again.
    • Unfortunately you have to always reboot with DSE disabled.(It's a pain I know...)

The new version of FLEM will be out soon which will be able to mod the Windows 10 driver packages as well, closest ETA probably a month from today, until then use the windows 8.1 drivers guys :3eyes:.

20. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    For anyone interested, I've uploaded the legacy driver cab that W10 installs from WU on a HD4890, it comes without CCC. It is:
    Like any of the other legacy drivers, seem 12.5b based, and the *.inf even has a W7 naming scheme. If you require OpenCl functionality, the AMD APP SDK should be installed from a previous complete legacy package, such as 13.1 or 13.9.

link