Introducing FLEM - The Legacy Modder for legacy DirectX 9 and 10 cards.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AmiloMan, Jul 14, 2013.

1. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    You should look into to the GTX 460, it supports DirectX 11 and it's at least
    3 times more powerful than your current GPU. Since it's an older product
    the price should be a bit cheaper than others. (Ebay)

2. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Hmm I like buying in physical stores. I have enough money for a loooow end kepler geforce or a low end R7. Since I had ati, nvidia and then amd, I guess it's time to try nvidia again. Thank you, dellon.

3. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Well I also just finished testing XSP being enabled on Windows XP x86 drivers instead as an alternative..

(just incase I missed anything since the drivers for XP were always a little bit different from Vista's/7) and...

0% performance gain, so sideport being on is clearly not utilised by either driver sets. Apparently...

Although I have to say AMD drivers are better quality on Windows XP.

Running a 4870x2 on a 32-bit OS is crazy anway because of the 2Gb virtual address space gobble killing performance.

But on XP you only have to worry about DX9 working, and can forget about DX10 games the and desktop composition bugs of Aero. Less complexity = less bugs :)

I wouldn't recommend any driver past 8.12 on Windows XP though... since 2D hardware acceleration for GDI stuff got broken after that

(fixed by 9.2 btw but never behaved in quite the same way again).

It's funny how between Catalyst 8.8-9.2 all of your games just run perfectly fine without anything but minor issues.

(I even had Crysis 2 from 2011 running on such an old driver on XP of all things just fine).

And then for the next 2-3 years in the 4870x2's case at least, everything gamewise starts to crash or just gets broken and/or won't launch. :)

Kind of makes you wonder why you got really 8.12 as the default Win7 install driver instead, and not something from the 9.x series doesn't it....

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  4. alrosen1

alrosen1 Guest

GPU:
    radeon x series
    Radeon x300/550,modding from installed driver 4/09--> 10/13

I used Flem 2.0 and the modding seemed to work in the software. Using Win 7. What is the exact procedure to then install the new modded driver
    I clicked setup ( like Flem stated) and all the software, etc installed except for the display driver version 8.97.100.11
    Is there some specific uninstall, clearing of residual files and then re-install of new modded driver.

thanks,

Al

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014

5. m4xc4v413r4

m4xc4v413r4 Guest

GPU:
    Behemoth > 9000
    Explain something to me.

I have a mobility HD2400. Am i supposed to choose the 2 drivers from the mobility pool or is it irrelevant? Like, can get the latest desktop version to be modded and then the latest one officially available for my card or do both of them have to be the laptop version?

6. Raalph

Raalph Guest

GPU:
    d
    OS Windows 7 32bits
    Card type Ati Mobility 4250m HD
    Driver Modded 14.12 desktop WHQL + 10.2 legacy base drivers

Successfully Modded !

Used flem 2.0

Steps:

1. Used only 4 files from 10.2 legacy driver and full mod option from flem to mod 14.12.
    2. Then after mod delete WDM folder from packages/drivers in modded 14.12 and copyied "new" WDM from legacy 13.9 to modded 14.12. If not I would get BSOD on installing.
    3. Delete old driver using CIM and driveruninstaller (restart required).
    4. Now run setup.exe and try to install modded 14.12. It will install only CCC but installing driver will fail. Dont worry now you have to install driver manually. Dont restart your computer when installer finished working.
    4. Go to device manager and find your standard vga card. Right click and update driver.
    "Browse my computer for driver software" then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" from hard drive find your 14.12 modded driver and install. (packages/drivers/display) and find inf file with your card.
    5. Restart your computer.

ps. in step 4 if windows wants to restart and doesnt allow to update your driver, you have to restart but first thing go to safe mode and do update in safe mode.

Someone please check and confirm if this is working or not on legacy directx 10 cards or maybe also directx 9 :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  7. Cloudx7x

Cloudx7x Guest

GPU:
    2x7870 Crossfire
    xpress 200M packard bell mz36

hey guys im wondering if anyone could help me mod a working driver for this card :( i have tried loads 10.2 with 13.12 and 14.4 all time gives me crashes and bsods in games :( if anyone can help thanks! xpress 200M

8. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    I honestly had no luck modding drivers I mean u can get it to work but you will run into problems that only the original driver could resolve.

In my case on the HD 4670 AGP, Catalyst 10.2 on Win7 x86 sp1 was the best solution. Performance is excellent and zero driver crashes.

Xpress 200M that's socket 939 huh? What operating system? Xpress 200M can handle 64-bit windows so I'd go windows 7 x64.

DDU all drivers in safemode.

Using AIDA64 we can determine if the Xpress 200M is operating on the PCIE bus is what I expect.

Xpress 200M is ridiculiously slow so I'd recommend a $20 PCIE card because it would eat the 200M for breakfast. Even an AMD Radeon HD 6350 is a great extremely cheap choice I think it's $15 shipped USD.

That might be slightly tricky but you need a special version of Catalyst 10.2 for that specific card.

You may require an XP driver in Windows 7 x86... or Vista 32bit for whatever OS your running.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  9. nexo112

nexo112 Guest

GPU:
    HD4850 1GB GDDR5
    Hello,

I have trouble installing modded Catalyst drivers. I have tryed to mod newest 15.4 beta and 14.12 omega drivers with either 13.9 or 10.9 base legacy drivers. I still get no luck. Always there's no option installing CCC or Display Driver during Setup. Only HDMI and Install Manager appears.

The graphics card: PowerColor ATi Radeon HD 4850 1GB GDDR5, in supported card list I see that this card is supported.

Device ID: DEV_944A

Driver Signature is disabled, read only is unchecked. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks.

EDIT: Tryed 14.4 drivers and it worked, but newer drivers don't work. Any possibilities to make newer drivers working? I want to play GTA V, but FPS is too low :/

EDIT2: Windows can't load Display Driver. It says: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  10. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    I'm working on a newer version of FLEM at the moment, it will have support for the new drivers ("I hope :)") and logging for better user support. Not saying much for now, don't want to spoil the surprise. Still waiting for Win 10 drivers, want to add support for them too so it will have to wait a while.

Are you using all 8 files from the 64 bit drivers from base?

PS: For now don't use or go past the 14.12 omega drivers, the drivers have been restructured and FLEM won't work on them.

11. nexo112

nexo112 Guest

GPU:
    HD4850 1GB GDDR5
    Glad to hear that mate, and yes I'm used all 64 bit 8 files from base. Well, I don't want to upgrade my GPU, because it's still good, only need new drivers. For now in GTA V I have FPS drops, and it's also low, game is hardly playable... My friend have almost similar GPU and FPS is fine.

12. seeker010

seeker010 Member

no matter what set of drivers I use to mod, my X1400 loses powerplay, and Netflix/Hulu and Win8 metro video streaming apps are either lag incredibly or artifact like mad when the bitrate/resolution gets above 480p
    the 10.2 legacy drivers have working powerplay but not working streaming video.

only driver that had working video was dellon's drivers, but his loses powerplay.

just can't win.

has anyone had experience getting both working?:bang:

13. nexo112

nexo112 Guest

GPU:
    HD4850 1GB GDDR5
    Any chance to get the modder that works on 15.4 beta drivers before you finally release it? :)

I really want to play GTA V.

I can also be for testing purposes :D

Or you can tell step by step what to change to get 15.4 beta drivers work on HD 4850?

Thank you. :)

14. DeMonsRO

DeMonsRO Member

GPU:
    2 gb
    Hello AmiloMan, how does FLEM works?
    Ok, now works, i combined 4 files from 10.2 legacy to 13.6 beta 2.

He looks ok? i got little options..
    This is bad.. i can't post link images.. because little posts..

Regards,
    Just ME

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  15. DeMonsRO

DeMonsRO Member

GPU:
    2 gb
    Question - Filter Standard or Edge-Detect?
    Surface Format Optimization ON?
    OpenGL Triple Buffering OFF?

Nevermind guys, i fixed !
    Was Two gpu/drive on Device Manager.. - Microsoft WDM. and FLEM, now is only FLEM ^^

But i replaced with CB173243.inf (update driver/have disk, i drop a tutorial here-EDIT: not able to post link, soo.. little tutorial)

By smeezekitty
    First, restart, Disable Driver Signature Enforcement(F8)

Open each .inf file in notepad and do a search for this line:

[ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.1]

which specifies which driver set to install for Windows 7.
    To also use that set for windows Vista, add

[ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.0]

immediately before that line.

NOTE: - 6.1(if you have W7) first, and second 6.0(Vista)
    NT 5.0 = Windows 2000
    NT 5.1 = Windows XP
    NT 6.0 = Windows Vista
    NT 6.1 = Windows 7
    NT 6.2 = Windows 8
    NT 6.3 = Windows 8.1
    NT 6.4 = Windows 10

Step 5:
    Manual installation of display driver.

Go to start -> right click on "Computer" just like above to bring up the system information panel

Click "Device Manager".

Expand the "Display adapters" category
    Right click your graphics card entry

Select properties and go to the "Driver" tab and click "Update driver"

Click browse my "Browse my computer for driver software" followed by "Let me pick from a list"

It might take a few moments depending on how large your driver cache is and how fast your HDD is.

Make sure the "Show compatible hardware" checkbox is ticked
    then select "Have disk"

In the have disk dialog select browse:

In the browse dialog navigate to the folder that you were working on in step 4 with the mod'ed inf files.

Select one of the inf files you modified and click open and then ok.

There is good chance that you will get a warning about an unsigned driver installation either immediately or a few seconds in.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015

16. Raalph

Raalph Guest

GPU:
    d
    Win7 64
    Ati mobility 4850
    Driver 15.7.1 + legacy 10.2

disabled directx10 mode, only directx9

in 3dmark06 about 5%-6% faster than "ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.09 V6 BETA" using same settings. Not quite happy with this driver. No support for directx10. So I will not going to use it.

Edit1: Ok after few hours off searching and testing it seems that one of the fastest drivers for our legacy directx10 cards is 11.11c. What I did was mod legacy driver 13.9 with files from 11.11c. Thanks to that I have now working directx10 and up to 10% faster driver in benchmarks than "ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.09 V6 BETA". Everything seems to be ok for now so full success!

I used flem 2.0. Did full mod on legacy 13.9 and in coctail maker used 8 files from 11.11c.

Before installing new driver, please use DDU to uninstall the old one.

Important! Remember to disable driver signature in windows!

Big words but this is probably the newest/fastest driver mod for directx10 legacy we have. Would be great if someone else also test this. Two drivers we need are:

13-9-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql
    amd_catalyst_11.11c_windows_vista_7

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    mirh likes this.
  17. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB
    very interesting, can you test on latest 3dmark? (use cloudgate) and post results please?!

18. Raalph

Raalph Guest

GPU:
    d
    Ok it seems we have a winner :banana:

Today I had idea why not to try modding that ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.09 V6 BETA with flem 2.0 and 11.11c.

Opened flem ticked only option 3 that is driver coctail maker and used 8 files from 11.11c.

Results are ..... yes its working and is fast as 11.11c! :nerd:

ps. Cloud gate score. Core 2 Duo oc to 3.3ghz and ati mobility 4850m 500/850.

[​IMG]

19. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB
    very nice!!!! can you maybe upload it so we can try it?!

20. Raalph

Raalph Guest

GPU:
    d
    Its easy to do it yourself. Open flem, browse to 12.11 folder. Then tick this 8 files from 11.11c driver folder and click modify. Thats all. Just remember with new driver to disable driver signature.

[​IMG]