Interresting Benchmarks for owners of a 7800 GS card - driver tests

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Syrex, May 20, 2006.

1. nihilistic0

nihilistic0 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTS250 (760/1100)
    I've been considering getting a 7800GS, and holding out for another year or more before I do a full upgrade

I have a somewhat similar setup (overclocked AMD 2800 instead of Pentium), so I'm glad to see all this info on here

Would you mind running some tests on Half Life 2? And maybe Hitman:Blood Money?

I've also been running the 91.28 z-tweaked, and they've been quite stable for me

thank you much ;D

2. Syrex

Syrex Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7800 GS 256Mb @ 450C - 700M
    Hospital

HELLO PEOPLES! It's been a week or so since I was be able to visit Guru3D. I am at the moment (since the mentioned week) in a hospital, and I don't know when I'll be back.

I'm at the moment at home since I was allowed to go home on weekends for some hours :mad3:

So, for updates or so, just wait a while till I'm OK again some day :)

And keep my thread bumped and on the 1st page please lol :D
    :bump:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  3. tratthatt

tratthatt Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Geforce 7800GS @ 511/1448
    Sorry to hear that you are in a hospital bro, I hope you get well soon. Awesome work on the driver tests for 7800GS, I bow my head in respect! :rock:

4. Dominator

Dominator Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7800GTX (490/1300)
    Maybe get a laptop and start abusing the hospital's Wi-Fi! :)

nah, just kidding, hope you get well soon and good job on the driver tests.

5. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2070 Mini OC
    I hope you get well soon Syrex!

OMG, otherwise we'll have to do all the hard work ourselves! I don't think I have that much of an attention span :bugeye:

The 91.31 Beta's perform just as well as the 91.28 for me.

BTW the refresh rate/crashing problem I had was caused by insuffucient CPU voltage and NOT the nVidia drivers or my vid card thankfully :).

6. Syrex

Syrex Active Member

GPU:
    Hey yo I am back! And I was wondering if there are still some people out there who STILL got a 7900series card and are interrested in a update of this thread :O

7. Sapart

Sapart Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7600GS 256MB
    I´d like to see benchmarks with 16x.xx drivers. And Crysis demo benchmarks too.
    I have similar setup: P4-2.8 GHz, 7600GS AGP with 256 MB, Windows XP+SP2 (32bit).

8. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3070 RTX
    I have to agree that one of the best drivers for the Geforce 7xxx series is the 91.31 which shows the best all round performance in all games.
    After reading this, I am going back to the 91.31 (now using the 163.71) which I found the best for my card too.

Btw, I would like to see some benchmarks done with the newer drivers from nvidia. And how they perform in the somewhat older games. Because all those newer drivers are made for the newest games. Was wondering if some users might notice performance differences in other games than Crysis or UT3.

9. Syrex

Syrex Active Member

GPU:
    Ok guys I'll look into it. I'll perfom new tests with new and old games and will update the first 2posts. I plan to revamp the layout a bit so the posts should be easier to read (and therefore be easier on your eyes :eek: , keep 'em fresh for gamign not diagrams! lol))

may take a while tho.