Internet Explorer 8 performance issues?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Azjo, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Azjo

Azjo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-TI Tw.Fr.2GB
    Hi

I have noticed certain performance issues with internet explorer 8.
    I have compared with Internet explorer 7.

The problem is most (or possibly only) noticeable when i SCROLL on the site.
    On a huge site with alot of flash, they use the same amount of cpu on a 4200+ X2 @ stock when i scroll down.
    However.. in ie8 it chops alot and is quite laggy.

And here is the interesting part.. if i zoom to 125% with internet explorer 7, the exact same thing happens.

I have had this issue with several installations of windows xp, and 2 installations of windows 7, but ONLY with this computer.

I do not have the issue at work, which has some dual core e7400 which are alot faster, but i cant tell if really is the cpu that is the issue here.

Does anyone know what can be the problem here?
    Perhaps some people with the same cpu as me, can tell me they dont have the issue? That would be a very interesting detail.

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Don't use IE. Switch to Firefox or Chrome.

If your stuck on IE8 I'd check to make sure you don't have any toolbars installed and the latest security patches are installed.

3. Azjo

Azjo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-TI Tw.Fr.2GB
    I use Chrome,firefox, opera and ie, all for each their purposes.
    But thanks for the not so surprising advice ;)

4. soldier1st

soldier1st Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4250
    IE8 is very slow no matter what you do to speed it up it'a always slow but chrome/firefox/opera are better and don't even mention safari that thing is sooo ugly i would have to plant a bomb on it before i would use it.