Internet Explorer 7 Is PISSING me OFF!

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Jeremy, Jun 8, 2007.

1. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Kinda agree there as it does show. IE7 doesnt do a FF or OP where it loads it bit by bit it loads then renders which is good when paired up with a dns server, its like pistols :D

2. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    I think it's very much a matter of taste and also something you get accustomed to. However as i understand it most people look for the initialization and not the final render.

What happens when you force a page to load varies depending on the content of the page and browser. Some times you just get faster display and you won't notice anything being "off" with the load, even though small parts of the page arrived later and loaded after you first saw the page as being fully loaded. Other times you get massive jumping of the page layout (tables etc.), or it will stall the process, or just slow it down from consuming resources rendering the unfinished page instead of getting the job done and then showing the page.

I don't like the way it looks when you force Firefox to load pages instantaneously, it often will make them jump around. It can also lead to sort of a double page load where you get a white page flashing before the web page starts loading (it's about:blank you see before the page loads afaik).

3. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    The problem here is that you used Internet Explorer in any form. Nobody should ever use IE as their primary web browser, there is no excuse.

There are endless discussions on why other browsers are better, but just do yourself a favor and download Firefox. Opera is better than IE too but I don't like many things about it. This goes for anyone who might read this, don't use IE, ever.

4. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    why some people think that FireFox is SLOWWWWW
    and i think that firefox is faster than ie7
    i'm confused !!

5. aircool

GPU:
    Recrofone you are in the wrong age, try 1930's europe.

llerenaprincipe its a matter of opinion and whether your computer can handle the speed ;)

6. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Not really, IE doesn't have much going for it, IE 7 was a step in the right direction but still fails.

The only reason I see to use IE to see how a website you're working on looks with that browser.

Edit: I take that back, it's great for quick, easy money fixing people's simple computer problems :D.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  7. Xenoasd

Xenoasd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS 320mb SC
    i use ie7 more than ff.. seems fine to me.

8. aircool

GPU:
    Exactly.

You get one person plus a over hyper/exaggerated and sensationally adapted rumour that a product is insecure and everyone goes mad.

9. Dierdre

Dierdre Banned

GPU:
    Evga Geforce 7800GTX
    I use IE7 and FF2 equally.

I had major issues with the old fire fox, it would have memory leaks, it would save downloads with generic file names so 2 totally diffrent files would save as the same and cause the new one to write over the old.. It was a horrible experience.

As far as I can tell FF2 fixed everything, I found some speed tweaks for it and like it alot now.

Its still just equal to IE7 for me tho.

Its not any faster even after my tweaks, both of them load anything instantly really. Some pages display better in FF2 and others IE7.

IE7 still does a few things better for me, I like the font it uses its more solid, FF2 looks kinda dos like on XP, on Vista it looks good tho, also the scroll speed is perfect on IE7, FF2 its abit slow for me (both wheel spining and when you click down on the wheel and move your cursor, im sure you can make it faster I just havnt tracked down how yet)

I dont see how anybody can prefer one to the other, they do the same stuff and work just as well for me. I suppose those seeing diffrences in them are eather biased, fanboi's, or maybe your ISP has somthing to do with it.

On a fast connection like mine 15mb/s down 2mb/s up Fiber there is nothing diffrent between the two in performance and even there layouts are very similar.

One plus FF2 gets is built in spell check ^^ I have absolutly horrible spelling and you can tell if im posting from IE7 or FF2 just from how many words I spell wrong :p

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    a

Last edited: May 14, 2020

11. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    you're all talking faster faster and forget security.

in firefox disabling the IPV6 (by opening About:Config) and setting to TRUE can speed up things (and stop hanging of pages). it helped me a lot.

i have 0 problems with FF, i have 0 complaints or webpages screwedup and certainly i have 0 speed issues with FF.
    maybe its because of my spanky 17mbit/2mbit connection LOL :D
    also the max i ever registered with FF2 is/was 90mb with 27 open tabs and 4 extensions.

i dont care if it takes 200mb of ram either, with 2GB of ram i could care less. :bash: