Intel's 'Auction-only' 14 Core Core i9-9990XE Gets Listed at Retailer website for 2999 EUR

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    At least if you can afford one you'll save on heating bills. Who needs gas fires when you have a 300w CPU running.

I even think it'll swallow up to 350w with a high OC.

2. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    During a time when they are unable to produce enough 14nm wafers, they are wasting production space on these purely so they can say they weren't lying at Computex. Luckily they look to be the same actual dies as the Xeon chips that they actually make their money on, so the (probably all but 1) dies that they get off the wafer are likely going to make them actual money.

3. Darksword

Darksword Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 980 Ti
  4. Aekold

Aekold Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    These are pretty much the only justifications I can think of for its existence and purchase.

5. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    People were saying the same thing during mining craze, that is why nV/AMD did not had a single card in their stores until mining died. It is interesting no one defended samsung, micron and hynix for memory prices...

6. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Ah, you think they will sell both of them that quickly?...;) I don't know...yields must be absolutely horrible! $3k. Just atrocious.

7. Locoyote

Locoyote Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Excellent, I've been waiting to get hold of this processor, to pair it with my triple 1060s in SLI configuration. So I can play Fortnite at 4K.

8. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    I think Intel has forgotten to mention that they still have issues with Meltdown, Spectre and now even Spoiler vulnerabilities, which are included in this offer :rolleyes: