Intel's all 5 GHz cores Core i9 9900KS Processor Available next month (October)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    720p has never been a thing in modern reviews until recently, and the rare times in the far past it was, it was considered useless because no one is ever going to use 720p, and it rarely helped predict anything beyond what would be expected which ended up either wrong or with massive caveats all the time anyway. 720p absolutely does a terrible job at representing squat beyond itself.

If I want to remember what a dogshit job 720p does at representing real world scaling all I need to do is pick any game, something I'm playing/will play so it's relevant to me, and look at the results at any reputable site:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Every serious review channel disagrees with you and states 720p results are useless as they clearly don't represent jackshit for scaling, especially amongst different engines. But go argue them, not me. Regarding "hIGhEr coReS wEre AVaiLaBle"; I didn't forget anything, you forgot to read.

You can't prove... LOL. Tides go in, tides go out, lololol.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    geogan, Silva, alanm and 2 others like this.
  2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yes it is good.

Ryan Shrout could not have done all the slides ,there is no way he would make a mistake.Intel talking about desktop real performance and the slides say all data is gather from 10 Million notebooks.I took snap from youtube video
    https://i.**********/NjP0pXPW/Desktop-Screenshot-2019-09-05-18-39-44-35-2.png

3. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    There was a good reason why CPUs only turbo high on one core.

Having all cores boosted to 5ghz sounds pointless to me unless it really is a multi-threaded application.

I think i'd prefer a 2core boost to 5.4 and all others 4.7 because if it's not using those cores won't it be a total waste of power?

Most games would rather a single higher core.

4. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Max oc on cpu/mem
    https://www.diskusjon.no/uploads/monthly_08_2019/post-42975-0-00974500-1565464537.png

https://www.diskusjon.no/uploads/monthly_08_2019/post-42975-0-16745800-1565464271.png

https://www.diskusjon.no/uploads/monthly_08_2019/post-42975-0-87474800-1565464735.png

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You really don't give a frack about giving out any real information do you? I'm not taking the bait, I'm not going to begin explaining why that's a dumb crap post and the list of things wrong with it. That's the last time I give you the benefit of the doubt.

6. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    If only Amd can reach that Magic mark of 5ghz I dont see a Reason anymore to spend the xtra money on Intel.

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Nothing is changed, nothing is different, from 9900K, architectural, or otherwise. It's the same Coffee Lake-S.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  8. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Can we please stay on topic and can the fanboys of both companies stop the trolling ? I am getting tired of filtering through the childish nonsense that is repeatedly posted on all CPU related threads , thank you .

9. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    This product exactly represented de actual Intel moment... it's really Pathetic! Only dumbs to buy this chip nowadays... this chit chat thas is better is games dont paste anymore... a 3600X at 4.4-4.5ghz on all cores costing Half the price and has same multasking performance and with the USD 200 or more you can bought a better GPU... While the blue side still making "10fps" more chip at full hd AMD are gain more and more marketshare.
    Ryzen reigns at sales!

10. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    Agreed. Keep it civil at technical.

ZXRaziel likes this.

11. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    5 ghz does not magically make anything faster, a 4 ghz ryzen 3000 can be twice as fast, as a stock FX 9590 or a overclocked i7 2700k at 5ghz in a lot of workloads.

Many 9900k overclockers use AVX offset or ring bus offset, so the extra frequency does not give the expected performance, the overclock otherwise should have given, so in essence some overclocks are more to show off a high frequency, then real usable performance.

12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Raw CPU Horsepower.

Dribble, gx-x and ZXRaziel like this.
  13. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    It's obvious who this CPU is aimed at - gamers who want 5 GHz on all cores but are too lazy to overclock (like me :D). Frankly, if I was still on team blue, I would probably upgrade to this CPU, LOL. It might also appeal to those who want the best-binned CPU - gotta inflate that e-peen. ;)

Which will never be realized unless you actually play at 720p on a 2080 Ti. I don't know about you, but when I buy a $1000 GPU I do NOT want to play it at 720p (or even 1080p). Those who can afford such a GPU typically have other high-end gear, such as 4K monitors (or at least 2.5K) and they will want to game at the native resolution of said monitors.

The fact of the matter is that 720p testing is useful as a theoretical test, like CPU-Z or Cinebench, but has virtually no relevance for the real world (remember those recent Intel slides emphasizing real-world usage? ;)). Also, it in no way indicates future gaming performance since the test is about gaming with a CPU cap - and I see no reason why gamers in the future would play with a CPU cap (on the contrary, with 8K monitors around the corner, there is every indication that gaming in the future will be heavily GPU-bound).

airbud7 likes this.
  14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I never said game @720p ....?

fact is why would anyone upgrade a processor when they can just get a high end graphics card and monitor for gaming...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

everything is equal give or take a few fps.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    gx-x, geogan and Loophole35 like this.
  15. Holy crap, an update. Brace for maximum nerd rage. Set shields for snarky.

Silva and Turanis like this.

16. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    How about a 5GHZ Pentium please :D

airbud7 and Silva like this.
  17. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    Holy crap is what the pope does :D

18. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    127W on idle,right? Because Core architecture is getting old. :)

Silva likes this.
  19. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    The problem is that older CPUs will stutter, new ones wont. Experience ruined
    Plus you can't have anything running background, like streaming.
    Probably 127 at base clock...

Turanis likes this.