Intel Z270 and H270 Chipsets Specs Appear

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Kaby Lake processors probably are not a reason to upgrade all by themselves. However alongside the processor series will be the intel series 200 chipsets. Much like the current popular Z170 series t...

Intel Z270 and H270 Chipsets Specs Appear

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Guess we're going into smaller incremental improvements even for motherboards now, still I guess stuff like the (few) extra PCI-E lanes could be useful, no idea what "Optane" is so I'll have to look that up.

The rumored x279 or what it would be called (x299?) might be a bit different though if it's planned as some more higher-end board model.
    (Going by the recent CPU data there will be further socket changes so I'm guessing the 300 series motherboards will follow in the not too distant future then? Though well obviously there will always be new upcoming hardware.)

EDIT: Well I guess I'm a bit of a idiot but this only sounds like marketing buzz words.

http://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/architecture-and-technology/non-volatile-memory.html

EDIT: Some type of small storage units?
    https://www.extremetech.com/computi...hardware-could-be-coming-to-consumer-desktops

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    There is "rumor" about new socket for not-entusiast CPU after the 2** series chipset... so i guess it will be next gen.

also entusiast chipset generaly sit in beween 2 gen and X99 start to get old.

so if Intel follow the scheme...

4. gabrielomana

gabrielomana Guest

GPU:
    RX 470
    I intend to create a rig to mine cryptocurrency. Can I use the new Z270 to connect 6 video cards (RX 470 Nitro) so they are working at the same time? With the Z170 only 4 GPU could be connected, because with the 5 or 6 GPU the PC froze or generated some other error, hence the question. It is important to clarify that the 6 Gpu are connected by Riser 1x.

In summary, does the Z270 have enough pci lanes so that 6 GPUs are connected and working at the same time, without affecting the performance of the motherboard by the saturation of the bandwidth?