Intel would launch X599 chipset for its 28-core processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    It feels good to not "need" be buy Intel for high end work or play on a desktop (unlike how it was several years in a row before Ryzen arrived). I detest Intel's practices or forcing the buyer to get a new motherboard for almost every possible CPU upgrade. :p I'm not a fanboy of either side, but I certainly like giving my $ to AMD more.

*from the first generation i5 series right up until first generation Ryzen I had Intel in my personal desktop(s).... now it's going to be AMD all the way for the forseable future.

2. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I have no idea what the PC on the left is (the one at Computex had special tubings and fittings to prevent condensation, whereas the pic shows standard water-cooling). The photo on the left is definitely from Computex - I remember the massive chipset heatsink and the outrageous VRMs.

3. Venix

Venix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    @D3M1G0D well a week orso earlier you called it intel needs a bigger socket to fit their 28 core!

D3M1G0D likes this.
  4. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX TITAN
    This is GREAT! I like higher numbers!!!

5. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Hopefully it has PCI Express 4

6. Tuoni

Tuoni Member Guru

GPU:
    Denise
    X599 chipset and the LGA 3647 socket....

Sounds to me like Intel doesn't really have anything ready to put against AMD TR2 platform and just to have something Intel is going to rebadge the Xeon platform to bring it to the the (high end) consumer market.

Intel is playing catch-up now and not doing a very good job at that... AMD caught Intel with their pants down.

7. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    we know intel idea on changing chipset often seems to favor motherboard maker partner, rather than "true" changes in system design... well at least some think that way

but again to be honest, most people stick with their CPU+mobo until next upgrade, by then they replace both again

the idea replacing the motherboard but still using old-cpu, well if up to~3generation seems okay
    but again i bet there only a bunch people doing it, most wont upgrade either parts until next upgrade
    its been a while intel tick-tock never giving a leap in performance increase anyway

8. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX TITAN
    Especially higher price tags! Because we all know more money = more power!

Can you say money? Can you say power? I can.