Intel will likely increase CPU pricing soon

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    According to recent Asian reports, Intel is contemplating price hikes for many of its products. Intel Xeon and Intel Core CPUs for desktop PCs, laptops, and servers will soon be offered at greater cos...

Intel will likely increase CPU pricing soon

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    We can probably expect amd do the same with zen4. Cpus globaly will be more expensive. We cant catch a break. :(

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Not a big deal, a CPU will last well over 8 years these days.

It's only a problem for those buying every generation... well it isn't, cuz apparantly they have money to blow.

4. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Market will say otherwise.

US market already predicting slow down in hiring, inflation and higher interests rates mean people will borrow and spend LESS. Economy is going to tigthen up.

Intel, AMD, Nvidia and other tech companies reaped hybrid work from home, PC sales boomed and these companies TOOK all the profits from miners and consumers trying to stay relevant and keep their jobs.

After this, I predict stay-cation will be the next boom because ppl are fed up being locked up and need REAL WORLD to take a break from the Virtual World. Even if going nearby to other cities or outdoor places.

Spending will be hard goods now, less tech so suck it... Yeh, the portfolio will suffer but I don't enjoy profiting off people's misery so let it be. Those high tech crooks over earned when they did.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    8 years is a bit of a strech. Thats a 4770/4790k today so try pairing the 3080 with those cpus, it would be bottleneck fest.

Why_Me and Horus-Anhur like this.
  6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Increasing prices during an economic crisis, might not be the wisest move.

Maddness, H83 and mackintosh like this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    "Hey, we have a 9% boost for you. At 10 to 20% increased price. How many do you want?" -- Intel sales person

Honestly, they're making millions and billions every year, and when they have to swallow price increases one time, they don't. How should one have any sympathy with those companies at all?
    Same AMD and Nvidia, they all had major profits, of which none end up having positive impact for the computer DIY business in general or the consumer. And then they want us to have "brand loyality"... yeah right.

8. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    technical-temps.png Well if AMD go the same route it makes it easier to avoid upgrading to Zen 4 or Intel. I was looking at 12700K if AMD couldn't provide a 8-core chip that wasn't an inferno but it will be OK to sit on 5600 for a while.

edit

Seriously what is up with AMDs 8-core parts when it come to power/thermals. 12 and 16 core are nice.

9. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Something tells me increasing prices on the brink of worldwide recession and austerity measures is not the brightest idea. Then again, being out of touch is pretty much a headline of the tech industry. Genuinely curious how this will work out for them.

Maddness, Airbud and H83 like this.
  10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    That's only a temporary problem, thus not really a problem.

11. DarkQuark

DarkQuark Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 XT
    With the way inflation is and the pending food chain issues. I would not be shocked if computers move back into the optional category for many. Many will do everything from their phone.

12. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    And phone sale slow down too, the age of phone is now around 7 yo for android and 8 yo for ios :( mean that some app update missing to do everything on it... Also most smartphone have only 4 app installed outside OEM pack by statistic.
    In the end we will live in cave and do fire with stone... lol.

fredgml7 likes this.
  13. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    [​IMG]
    The future of computing...

Maddness, Airbud and sykozis like this.
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

[​IMG]

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

16. Pryme

Pryme Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 SWFT
    A good option for many people that want basics machines (Desktops or Laptops) is the refurbished market, it is growing again with a lots availability from brands like Lenovo, HP, Toshiba, Dell... Grade A machines with warranty can have some great prices nowadays.

17. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    In performance terms, yes. In logevity terms, maybe now. Pushing them at small nodes to power and thermal limits as they are won't end well...

18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    My 2700x bottlenecked the piss out of my 6800xt.

If your playing 3440x1440 or higher, you can definitely get away with it.

I had a 4790k recently i sold.

And it could maintain 80-100fps 1080p in most titles with my 6800xt. But cpu usuage
    was high as hell 85-95% in most new titles.

As much as I want to get AM5, I think im gonna get a 5900x or 5800x3d.
    My 5600x feels the strain good to push 144fps in games my 6800xt is not struggling.

Maddness and Undying like this.
  19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I finally replaced my trusty 4790k because of lag spikes in some AAA games. The overall average FPS was still fine though. I gave that PC away with an RX580 and it's still in gaming use because it's still a pretty good CPU, 8 years later.

A 6-core 12400 is a pretty solid gaming deal @ under $200. I saw the 5600x selling for that low too, last week. I think a decent 6 core is all we need for now and both of those kick ass at gaming.

Why_Me likes this.
  20. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Hey, don't talk bad about my 4790K, it might hear you.

Valken, Airbud, sykozis and 1 other person like this.