1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel to retire old 45nm chips

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Feb 9, 2011.

1. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti
    my e8400 @ 3.6Ghz was good enough for my gaming and everyday computer usage. It was only slow on the times I use my PC to render 3d images via v-ray hence I upgraded. Other than that, it was smooth and trouble free..I OCed it to 3.6Ghz from day 1 and never had to play with BIOS settings since then.

2. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Jesus... I've got one comp on a Q6600 and another on a Q9300 - I was planning on keeping the Q9300 that is on my gaming rig and 8gigs of ram while just upgrading the PSU and graphics card for Crysis 2 when it comes out.

But now I may just sell off everything on the gaming rig cept the processors.. switch them out with the other computer and rebuild everything... meh

3. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    old? 25% of the world are still using P4's! Kidding...now drop the socket 775 CPUs to half price now!

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    QX6800 great chip overclocks like crazy. Kinda old but running smooth :D

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Finally :D , i had plenty of fun with LGA775 , but its quite old now. Im glad its been retired , Out with the old In with the new Tech.

6. Imglidinhere

Imglidinhere Master Guru

GPU:
    4GB Nvidia GTX 960M
    The Phenom II processors surpass the Core 2 series too well and for a much better price range. You can easily buy an AMD board with a Phenom II quad for the same price as a Core 2 Quad alone. The cheapest quad I've seen is the same price as the Phenom II 955 and the 955 will crush it. :D AMD has them beat in that aspect.

I think it's a smart move for Intel to do this. It'll pressure AMD a bit more. My next build will probably be the Sandy Bridge dual cores that're coming out soon. :D I'm eager to see what those can do.