Intel To Launch 8th Gen Core Processors August 21st

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 8, 2017.

1. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    I disagree.
    I dont understand whats a waste, when you buy something you buy better than what you have not identical or worse, I want something better than what I have.
    Im interested in TR just because, computers is a hobby, lots of people buy overpowered parts that they never use to full potential.

2. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Really? Because...
    ... so you have interest in something which has ZERO value for you? You also stated very clearly that gaming performance is the only thing that interests you - so why the interest in a HEDT chip which will do nothing for gaming performance?

3. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    When someone says they are interested in gaming performance it means that is the greatest factor, not that it is the only factor.

You could also say that a fast m.2 sata drive effects load times but not fps therefore it is not a factor in gaming. But it clearly is.

If I am installing a highly compressed game on my 6700k if I am browsing and doing other basic stuff in the background not nearly as intense as playing a game the installation can lock up and you have to try to close tasks etc. More cores means you can do multiple things at once without any problem. If you are playing a demanding game and want to record gameplay...well there goes your gaming performance.

You are like the people saying saying 'there is no need for a quad vore cpu, barely any games use 4 cores' when the core 2 quads came out. Those people looked real stupid real quick.

In 2 years time 8 cores will be the standard for the price bracket that used to belong to the 3770k, 4770, 4790, 6700 etc.

Whether or not you are interested in it, that is the way it is going so it makes sense to get a cpu that will last more that 2 years before a few of the high end games start making use of thise additional cores for more advanced features.

Caring about gaming performance also doesn't mean 'ai only care about gaming performance of older games' it means you care about the performance now and in the future. Any gamer will always buy something with future games in mind.

I take it you're the sort of person who would buy a 2 seater car 12 months before having a child. You know because 'I only care about my needs'( now and not my future needs ).

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    thanks 'man

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    This is indeed good news. Maybe in a couple more months their might be Coffee Lake laptop CPUs.

6. MegaFalloutFan

GPU:
    RTX3090
    If it performs good in Gaming then why not, if I can afford something why not?
    But looking at Guru benchmarks its not that great for gaming, Intel leads in every single benchmark.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  7. MegaFalloutFan

GPU:
    RTX3090
    You are completely right.
    Its like arguing with people about memory, I usually recommend people to buy as much as they can afford, 32Gb now, 16Gb back on DDR3 and DDR2.
    I get all these fights how you dont need more than 8Gb and thats 16Gb is a stretch.
    Well just 3 days ago I got low memory error from windows, thats what happens when you have Electrolyte Firefox and Chrome with hundreds of tabs open.

Back in 2015 my PC wasn't exactly mainstream either, but it served me well much better than whats was quad core available, i filed 9 SATA ports and 1 PCIe4 NVMe port, can you do that on Z170?