1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel To Delay Cannonlake processors towards late 2018

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. David Lake

David Lake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    5 years of shipment declines... I wonder why.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    iPads/iPhones

Like I get people want to point the blame at Intel but realistically laptops are in a much better state today than they ever were. The surface is mostly the reason for it - there has been an increase in higher quality, higher resolution displays married with chassis of decent build quality/SSDs. They're also fairly affordable. Problem is that most family/friends I know have ditched the PC for daily browsing and switched to either using their phones or a tablet.

Fender178 and airbud7 like this.
  4. krakenxt

krakenxt Member

GPU:
    AMD
    This is fake news made up by Digitimes.

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Im with you on that most people are using Desktop replacement Laptops for either playing games with a gaming laptop or surfing the web and checking email and watching Youtube with either their phones or a tablet or a Laptop Tablet Hybrid such as a surface. Its not Intel or AMD's fault its just consumers are going away from purchasing a PC to a tablet. Or Users are going away from Desktop computers to Laptops. To me the Surface's price is outrageous. For that amount of money you can get an ultra book based Laptop or a Surface alternative such as those tablet/Laptop hybrids that ASUS makes.