1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel Talks About CPU overclocking software and is to release new Core X CPUs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 28, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    Meh. Not impressed.

3. HWgeek

HWgeek Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    Remember the days that Intel was against OCing? Funny thing is that now it's their only hope to stay relevant against AMD's Ryzen :).

patteSatan, chispy, akbaar and 2 others like this.
  4. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Intel and AMD both have clauses about running outside of the recommended spec.

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. HWgeek

HWgeek Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    I think Computex 2020 will be huge, all the big guns out :).

6. waltc3

waltc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 590 8GB XFire
    Poor old Intel--acting like the crotchety old man the company has become. If not for AMD, Intel would be sitting on its arse, counting sheep & money all morning long and then ZZZZZzzzzz-z-z-z-z snoozing the rest of the day...;)

patteSatan, Kaarme and anticupidon like this.
  7. Devid

Devid Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    First, off this, Intel mentioned that the Core i9-9900KS processorthey announced (you know all eight cores that can run on 5GHz) will not be available until the end of the year, likely Q4. So that product is already delayed right after its announcement.

Intel announced it one day before Computex just to have a little sunshine before AMD takes the show...and now it has been delayed already?!
    Intel Intel...o_O

chispy likes this.
  8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Too bad only newer models are supported.

akbaar likes this.
  9. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Its not exactly a delay if they never said it would be available any sooner then that, is it?
    Its just an announcement, not a "release".

10. RonanH

RonanH Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    The only reason they "announced" it is because AMD are about to blow their current lineup out of the water on both performance and cost. Intel are in full defence mode.

11. karma777police

karma777police Active Member

GPU:
    They probably realize Zen 2 cannot beat the current 9900k in gaming so no reason to hurry up with anything.

Andrew LB and metagamer like this.
  12. karma777police

GPU:
    Honestly Intel got nothing to worry about. Zen 2 does not have muscles to beat 9900k in gaming and that's all what matters to 90% of people out there. I am sure they will have some price adjustment but that's about it. I see no reason why Intel should worry about anything. The only contender against 9900k in gaming is 8/16 Zen 2. 12 and 16 core have nothing cause they will run slower clock. Extra cores play no role. 12/24 Cores being $499 is out of reach for 90% of people therefore plays no role at all. The market is not in range of $500+ dollars. I am positive Intel will adjust pricing for their 2066 socket CPUs where you can already get 12/24 version for < $900. Intel was in much worse position with P4 against AMD64. That was true performance crown AMD had. Zen 2 is merely catching up...meh.

The best product in Zen 2 line is their <$300 8/16, that blows up my mind because of how much performance AMD offers for how much less $$$ compared to 9900k. As I said Intel really doesn't need a new product to compete but a big price adjustment. If they do that across the board including 2066 socket platform they are in the game.

Being on 2066 socket platform, really excited about Cascade Lake X for the current x299 2066 socket. Also Intel will release a new 2066 socket chipset but CPU will be compatible on x299 and newer chipset.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Zen2 is beating the 9900k in gaming, please select your choices of hat to eat in the coming weeks.

carnivore, Rich_Guy and bernek like this.
  14. RonanH

RonanH Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    But the 9900k is also ~€500 so your price argument is irrelevant.
    I'm also glad you have done the math and shown that 90% of people will buy the 9900K. Ive also done the math and a LOT more people will be buying the mid range Zen2 than will buy the 9900K

patteSatan likes this.
  15. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX2080 Ti OC
    Sounds good actually, looking forward to trying it and will continue to use if its any good.

BlackZero likes this.

16. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    [​IMG]
    :D

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    See, made you grin, worth it :)

But I did that deliberately. Liking the reports about it doesn't mean I have to like what's reported. @Hilbert Hagedoorn does a good job bringing us the infos, if we like them or not. This info is welcomed by other people here, so why not like that the boss does provide the info to people who enjoy it more than me?

18. karma777police

GPU:
    Where did you read that? Nowhere. It all comes down to price. Zen 2 won't beat 9900k by any significant margin, let's not put yourself to a big disappointment. In the best case scenario both CPUs will match performance. It comes down to price and liking.

19. karma777police

GPU:
    I agree. I said All Intel needs to do is a price adjustment, lower 9900k down to $379 and 9700k down to $329. They really do not need a new product. Zen 2 is not beating 9900k in gaming by any significant margin. Both CPUs will be on par there but again we have to see that. Intel does not have 12/24 CPU on mainstream but really they don't need one. If anything we learned that 90% of the market is not in $500 price range. AMD will have bragging rights there but does not necessary translate into high profit there. Again Intel does have 2066 socket platform where they could simply remove 8/16 core part there and lower 10/20 down to $499.

rl66 likes this.
  20. karma777police

GPU:
    Intel will adjust the pricing of their lineup so good thing is that they got competition which will drive Intel prices even lower which means I am about to drop 12/24 Intel 2066 socket CPU for cheap.