Intel Skylake Processors available in 2H 2015 get DDR3 and DDR4 support

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Smikis

Smikis Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290
    wasnt it just couple weeks ago that intel made a statement saying that skylake will be in shops for xmas 100%

3. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I thought broadwell was due out first.

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    sigh, have to wait another year to upgrade my trusty old i7 920

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I think there might be a typo in the article. It says the Z170 chipset, I believe it is meant to be Z107 :).

2015/2016 looks potentially interesting with Skylake, and AMD's successor to Bulldozer series (including Piledriver, Steamroller and yet to be released Excavator) coming out. Let's just hope AMD makes something special, because not only do they need to make a processor that's much faster than Intel to get people even intrigued into buying it, there needs to be real competitor to Intel. Apparently AMD haven't left the top end market, they have probably come to the realisation that strong top end processors can help sell low end processors.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  6. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Yeap! We are in the need of another k7/k8 from AMD.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    No, that was Broadwell. Skylake was planned for 2015.

8. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Just release Broadwell already! I normally jump on the 'tick' of a cycle because the refinement and die shrink of an architecture fairs a bit better than the brand new architecture 'tocks' which can be a little hit and miss. However if Intel keep mucking around with Devil's Canyon/Haswell-E, Broadwell won't get released till Skylake is right on top of us.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Tbh the old 920 is still all you need for gaming performance wise, still rocking!:)

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Broadwell is promised to be out by december. Skylake isn't expected to be released until the 2nd half of 2015. They got plenty of time.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Of course. Otherwise Audi wouldn't keep investing in Le Mans, which they keep winning every year. Again... and again... and again... :bang:

The top tier products make potential clients dream and by buying a lower or mid tier variant of it, they get to have a little piece of it.

There's also mouth to mouth. We tech savy people, when our families and friends ask, should we get intel or AMD? What would we say if money was no object? Intel of course. End result, our families and friends go out to buy intels.

Everybody wants to be just like everybody else and doesn't want to be left out. That's why it's also important to get a decent product in the top line. It reflects your reputation as a company.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I saw this pic once,
    [​IMG]
    its one that confirms Broadwell support on both chipsets through whole 22/14nm phase, check PCH (corp) >> IMEI - Intel Management Engine Interface

like Kirk Skaugen, senior vice president and general manager of the PC Client Group at Intel, said it back in 2013 IDF September 12th.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KeDtXucTwRI#t=19

Imo this Skylake Z107 & DDR4 looks better upgrade for those at SB & IB, it will have a bigger ooph factor :nerd:

from wiki

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  13. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    Last year Toyota did a great job. I hope next week to see some serious competition :)