1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel shows some concept art of its Xe graphics card

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2019.

1. m4dn355

m4dn355 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi 7870 GHz Edit.
    I expect RX460 performance-level and annual driver update.

2. tunaphish6

tunaphish6 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    I feel like I'm going through the various stages of grief with this.

My natural inclination was that Intel would be insane trying to compete with AMD and nVidia, especially considering when I initially read about it, I still had a falling out with AMD and considered nVidia the only viable choice for high-end gaming (still kinda is).

However, despite AMD's APU being a more viable option, people people still use Intel's integrated GPU's for gaming, and technically it's still more relatively capable than the integrated graphics of yester-year.

And then eventually, I was like, 'why the hell not'. Intel seemingly already has the resources, and should recover easily if it flopped. And even if all it was was some low-end entry--one notch above integrated, it still gives you another option in the market, especially when GPU's are leveraged for content-creation. I wouldn't mind having an Intel GPU handy just for Quick Sync.

In fact, that might be a marketing strategy for Intel--come up with some new proprietary API(?) akin to nVidia's CUDA, and people will be buying them up. Intel is still so synonymous productivity and business applications--despite AMD being just as viable--if not even moreso, for both servers and individual workstations, that developers would lining up to adopt.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I wouldn't say blower style is bad it does have uses, but it is BAD for sound to rpm ratio majority of them all sound like jet engine at 2k rpm let alone 4k rpm.

I assuming this concept art of WHAT the card might look like? I would be more interested in seeing paper information whats performance would be like, concept of what Card might look like means jack and squat to me

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I hope Intel are going to be spewing out more than low-end stuff.
    They know. They all know, and always have known. They just don't give a single frack.

5. devastator

devastator Member Guru

GPU:
    rtx 2070
    intel Odyssey if u break it down intel odd u see lol i joke

6. tunaphish6

tunaphish6 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Except they would dumb to go balls-to-the-wall with their first few cards.

A nice mid-range entry as a proof-of-concept would be nice.

7. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    hahahaha! true