Intel Shares Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2022 Financial Results

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    deep dive tldr;

Intel is paying out dividends and cutting profit margins on CCG cpu's.
    chipsets are still going for the full freight which is why the mobos are more expensive but the cpu's are "suddenly" competitive.
    despite that, and given the health (or lack of) of the PC market i expect Intel to continue this pricing strategy - which has helped them and hurt AMD.

schmidtbag likes this.
  3. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    which chipsets are more expensive ?

4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    Z and B Intel
    but in reality it's to AIB's hiking prices. the margin on the chipset remains the same while the margin on the CPU is cut.
    the AIB's were naturally cautious of Intel's taste for power and beefed up VRMs which adds to cost.

5. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    https://www-purepc-pl.translate.goo..._sl=pl&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

no they're not. they're cheaper than 600 series comparing launch prices. and they did recieve spec upgrade too.
    msi pro b760-p wifi (lower budget tier) is now same as previous pro b660-a (higher budget tier)

amd lose on cpu value, board value and memory can't be reused.
    they really did not read the room this gen. platform longevity is awesome but am4 did it for every tier, from low-end to high-end. am5 will have long socket support but you'll be overpaying every step throughout its life.

6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

my source is Intel's Q3 & Q4 2022 financials
    far more reputable (it is legally binding)

7. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Either way, their projections are dismal and the market has reacted predictably. Absolute bloodbath today.

tunejunky likes this.
  8. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    My source on prices is retailers

9. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I know you're always going to defend amd against all evidence, but this "aibs hiking prices" theory falls apart as soon as you actually look at pricing.

b760 boards are 40 (msi,asrock) -60(!) (gigabyte aorus elite) usd cheaper than b650s for equivalent part. so it's not aibs hiking prices, it's amd. unless the materials they buy for boards are more expensive when they buy them for amd specifically.

[​IMG]

https://serving.photos.photobox.com...736de54e0f8cce1a325e9418e207edb0a06a6d7aa.jpg

10. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    LOL
    then you are quite disconnected from the reality of manufacturing.
    retailers "gonna do what they wanna do" as MSRP is a suggestion (literally)

the truth is a deeper dive... like Intel's stock price yesterday (and AMD has been moved to "hold" from "buy" from most analysts)

11. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

pure unmitigated nonsense from an Intel fanboy.
    and you are lying to yourself it that's your take on me.
    i'm a fact driven dude who loves all tech. and i repeat the fact that i own 10x more Intel stock than AMD.

you are a person in a bubble who peers out the convex lens distortion the bubble creates.
    my well-being and retirement is tied to Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Apple, and TSMC

your OPINION doesn't affect FACTS like cost of manufacture.
    your listings have ZERO bearing on what i said as they're retail.
    IF those numbers had ANY effect, Intel's stock would drop even lower (stone cold fact)

12. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    to the uninitiated, please do a Google seach under "buying market share"

13. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    Lol, amd rage mode on with all the bold, underline and insults you'd expect. I'm shocked you're a man in your 60s/70s and still behave like this.
    I was right, blaming amd's price hikes on aib's against all the evidence right in front of you, who would have suspected.....
    I only buy intel cause it's cheaper and more importantly much less hassle to run (no constant agesa/chipset updates + lower power, temps and noise under light load), I don't care for them otherwise. I love it when they're losing money if that means I get to buy things cheaper, while you'd pay crazy premiums for entry level amd products just to help them earn more.
    If you're here to comment on shares that's fine, but the information about z and b chipsets is just false. They did not go up, they went down compared to 600 launch prices, while amd's versions of same boards went up compared both to intel 600/700 and to their premium x570 too, even for b650s with the same pcie4 version.

14. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
  15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It's not just the PC market. Cell/mobile phones sales are down vastly since 2021. But that gives the PC market a chance to play catch up, with more people staying at home and working from it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023

16. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    it's amd taking it back more than intel losing it.
    to my mind this is not strange at all, they're doing what took intel to where they were. best performance but high prices.

17. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel are losing market share in the data center segment and that is what concerns investors the most.

18. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @cucaulay malkin it does not need constant agesa updates ! My only action both times when I got both my 1600 and 5800x was update to latest version and since I was both times rock solid I did not bother farther .

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Amd Epyc is killing it for Intel server market is already lost.

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Tech group has avoided company-wide job culls but needs to trim $3bn this year.

Intel is cutting the pay of its managers and senior executives, in an unusual cash-saving move by the US chipmaker to weather an expected downturn in the first half of this year. Cuts to base pay start at 5 per cent for mid-level workers and rise to 25 per cent for chief executive Pat Gelsinger, according to one person familiar with the details. The executive leadership team around Gelsinger will take a 15 per cent pay cut, while other senior managers will see a 10 per cent reduction.

However, the cuts only affect base salaries and some other minor benefits. They will not affect the bonuses and stocks that make up a significant part of top executives’ overall package.

https://www.ft.com/content/286381a0-f0d3-41f7-bb32-4b8bf542618d