Intel Sandy Bridge-E Processor Names Unveiled

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

It's messy when it comes to Intel Sandy Bridge-E and trustworthy news about it Intel is keeping their mouth shut though.But we did find some interesting new asthe names of these CPUs have been recently...

More...

2. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    If you were to get one of these, the Core i7-3820 would be a waste of money for the enthousiasts, as it's multiplier is locked and it's only 4 cores. so you'd be better off with a 2600k. At least that's what I assume:p
    So the i7-3930K is probably what most enthousiast users will go for and just overclock the hell out of it.

But the way I see it, It's just best to wait for the Ivy bridge-E processors, which will probably feature all the new stuff. PCI-E 3.0, sata 3 etc. Not to mention the processors will probably be cooler and can probably be overclocked a bit more because of the smaller fab size.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  3. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Didn't they mention something about "Performance Overclocking"? I'm guessing that means you might actually be able to tweak the BClock.

4. salanos

salanos Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX980 4GB (Ref.)
    ...Why the hell are they being branded as the 3000 series? They're still Sandy Bridge, not Ivy Bridge chips, so I don't think they deserve the generation-uptick... I was expecting them to be called something like the 2800K and 2980X...

...Well, in that case though, most likely going to go with a 3930K once it gets out. Unless FX impresses enough.

5. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
  6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    because its a different socket.

And they're also stupid not to release real 8 core cpu.. bleh intel you sucka:biggun:

7. vhon05

vhon05 Member

GPU:
    powercolor 7970
    This will totally blow my mind if this comes out later this year. Im so ready to have an upgrade