Intel Rocket Lake-S with 8c/16t spotted at 5.0 GHz - Ryzen 7 5800X level perf

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Intel should have released this CPU NOW to justify the extra heating cost savings above the equator!

I wonder if AMD will counter with XT CPUs with ANOTHER 10% of performance on top in the summer that can run on a standard bog all cooler?!

Makes the lack of supply more interesting for us waiting to upgrade.

2. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    Well well.... another "Fourteen Lake Series" product with that give you totally free a Warm to your house for the winter....
    The Ryzen 5600X is the best CPU you can get now from years of distance... both to productivity or games... combine it with a good X550 motherboard (MSI gaming Carbon) and you will be very happy!

3. RyuzakiL

RyuzakiL Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX-1070
    You're a funny guy XD

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Like everything else that Intel has regurgitated for the past eternity, it's pretty much the same architecture as its predecessor with minimal changes regardless of what they call it. It's not going to be faster than a 5800X in games in any real/meaningful way. What Intel achieved in artificial useless "game" benchmarks with stupid settings like ancient resolutions is meaningless to enthusiast buyers, if this new crap does the same, it's still equally meaningless.

The bottleneck is the GPU regardless, by a stupid amount. I have a TUF 3080 OC that's a golden sample from what I can tell. I've OC'd it with +135 (clocks move by multiples of 15MHz) core, +1000 RAM, voltage and power limit as high as I can set it, and it's still the bottleneck with a 3900X as the CPU (for 1440p/144Hz), to no one's surprise. Let that sink in, a 3080 that's pretty much as fast as they come, with a significantly slower Zen 2 architecture CPU, is still the bottleneck by a massive margin at 1440p/144.

Anyone with any sense buys whatever CPU is the better value for their system, not what can offer more performance in some 320p benchmark with a theoretical GPU that doesn't exist.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    moo100times likes this.

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Who knows what the future will hold, however, and i feel this is important, very important to the integrity of this forum:

You're effectively 0/20 for predictions so far.

moo100times likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    By being on pair with with 5800x? Thats literally amd midrange cpu.

moo100times likes this.
  7. darktranq

darktranq Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti FE
    Ah OK. My bad. Must be the next generation after that then.