1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel NUC with Broadwell sepcs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Intel did an oopsie ... they posted the specs on a NUC (next unit of computing) desktop unit on their website. The NUC has DDR3L SO-DIMM slots, M.2 slots. ...

Intel NUC with Broadwell sepcs

2. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    These things are great.
    The i5 can decode 4k video and drive a 4k display without lagging. Wonderful media machine.
    For folks that don't need a 'gaming machine', this is basically a 1-stop solution.

I used to think that an APU itx/matx system was a good deal for 'regular folks'. Just add case + psu + hdd and go.

Now, this thing is even better. Drop in a drive, and go. Takes no space, nearly silent, low power, and reasonably fast. I dig em'.

This does everything that 'normal people' want, in a freakishly convenient form factor.
    IMO, just get a nice keyboard + nice mouse + nice display + NUC (vesa mounted on back of the display), and declare victory.

-scheherazade

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    If your display supports the VESA mounts, you can build your own "AIO PC" really easily, granted you'll have more cables and it'll be more up-gradable than a real AIO....

I considered one of these NUCs instead of my HTPC but couldn't bring myself to "take the plunge".... Maybe next go round I'll do it.

4. icedman

icedman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    Is that picture acurate? i dont even see a cpu chip on it

5. Ryrynz

Ryrynz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 960
    It's on the other side.