Intel Might Drop Desktop processor Prices by 15% To Fight off AMD Ryzen 3000

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    If Intel is dropping prices, AMD is finally being noticed.
    Plus, they have nothing else to respond with other than lower the profit margin.
    Still, I won't buy Intel next CPU.

fredgml7 likes this.
  2. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Intels price drops won't be near enough. They are pricing the 9700K up against the 3800x but they are not in the same class 8c/8t vs 8c/16t. Then they are pricing the 9900K against the 12 core 3900x which again isn't in the same class. Pretty much 99% of people would be better served by the 3900x over the 9900k because single core performance is very close and you get 4 more cores.

Ricardo likes this.
  3. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  4. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Eh? Weren't people saying how Zen 2 was way too expensive? Why drop prices when the competition is already too pricey? :p

What's so hard to understand? Intel fanboys want to defend their company and their products and so will try to minimize talk of any risks or flaws (if that means downright dismissing these security vulnerabilities then so be it). Even if there are reports of people getting hacked because of these vulnerabilities, they will continue to dismiss it as a minor issue and/or blame users for being hacked (e.g., shouldn't have clicked that link, shouldn't have used that site/software, etc). It's similar to Apple fanboys, who flock to Apple's defense on any issue - fanboys are the same everywhere.

In short, they only say this because it's Intel - if it was AMD CPUs which were vulnerable, they'd be singing a different tune. It has nothing to do with security, everything to do with brand loyalty.

yasamoka, Aura89, carnivore and 2 others like this.

5. DownwithEA

DownwithEA Active Member

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    You got it. Up till this point everyone was posting how Intel was sweating but this is evidence that they're actually starting to. Supply and demand... and they're demand must be showing signs of slowing.

Silva likes this.
  6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Sure, all of that is true. But you can still be a diehard fan without making ignorant decisions/claims at the same time. Like I said, there are valid reasons to disable the mitigations.

gx-x and Aura89 like this.
  7. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Do you think that they will send you a note and an invitation before they exploit your computer? You wouldn't even know when they do it and have your info.

How do you know that these vulnerabilities are not already being exploited, but just hidden?

Keeping your head in the sand might not help with the sun burn on your a**.

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    A new season of X-Files has been announced...

Clawedge likes this.
  9. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    they would have to cut prices in half to make any kind of sense, for people buying new rigs intel doesnt make any sense other than the 8700/9900k for 144hz+, everything else on their lineup is laughable at best, for upgraders stuck on their awful platforms a 6700k/7700k at around 300$ even used is just ridiculous with ryzen 2600-1700 going for 150$ new, now if ryzen 3 is actually a match or better for current intel stuff, intel will be selling on brand name alone

10. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Interesting how you don't seem to question why they're being sold in the first place...

11. blacknova

blacknova Member

GPU:
    RTX2070 Super
    That is not exacty true, If I want to build rig without gpu right now, but to have some decent CPU - I'll be stuck with Intel, AMD yet to release any 6+ cores CPU with integrated GPU. Yeah, that is edge case. If I already have a GPU on hand Intel would not be my first choice. For 4 core office systems I'd choose AMD as well, as overall price is lower (even if I plugged in Intel's SSDs)

12. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    Intel is the new value CPU for the budget conscious gamer.

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I don't think that's enough, when almost everything Intel has to offer is almost twice as expensive, but competition is always good for the consumer.

14. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    LOL best comment I have seen this year on this site.

Kaarme likes this.
  15. urbanman2004

urbanman2004 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC
    Just kick a man while he's down now will ya: "of course with a dozen or so free vulnerabilities." Lol,

16. urbanman2004

urbanman2004 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC
    Yeah, my 4770K's been delidded like Swiss Cheese so figure

17. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Are you telling me that some sucker will actually pay $300 for my old 4790K? :eek: If so, where are they?!?

18. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    The last time i saw Intel slash their prices was when their Pentium 4's were getting destroyed.

19. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    So one could say that intel are bulldozing their prices. Piledriving them into the ground even?

Dazz likes this.
  20. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Why would they lower the prices? They sell everything they make and still they ask Samsung to help to make more.
    If Intel lowers the prices the webshops would just keep the old price and put the rest of the money in the pocket, they still sell everything they have in stock anyway.
    Just like the GPU mining Vega price and stock problem.

This is pure Ryzen 3000 sabotage if you ask me, but i hope i am wrong.