Intel Kaby Lake Processors Confirmed inProduct Change Notification

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Need a definition of Stagnation? ^ This.

Waiting for 10nm CPU's. And fingers crossed for them to be stock 5.0ghz.

3. David Lake

David Lake Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V watercooled
    Please stop showing us pictures of overclocks with such insane voltages, I cant bare looking at it!

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    1.5 is like OUCH! However temps look fine, i wonder if its that cool, or that is literally super idle. And goes to like 90c during load. :wanker:

5. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Hmm, if we look into it for the last 5.5ish years(since Sandy Bridge), Intel -K CPU's usually max out about at 5-5.1GHz@~1.50v. With a few exceptions here and there of course.

Might be nothing but it just came to my mind when I saw that 7600k voltage. I guess we are hitting those power/thermal walls pretty hard. :p

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  6. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Was going to say this, it's starting to feel a bit like the P4 era.

7. Han2K

Han2K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 GX
    Intel could have added 2 more cores and they'd have done a very appealing CPU. Seems that's reserved for Cannonlake.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Maybe with Coffee Lake i doubt it. Who knows if Cannonlake would have six-core i5's but im leaning towards Zen in some future upgrades.

We are tired of overpriced quad-cores, Intel.

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Meh. Still in the ~4.5GHz ballpark, not enough architectural changes. The way this goes the most exciting CPU after Zen seems to be Apple's Twister.

10. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    +1

Also that A10 chip is pure magic compared to the rest.

11. ht_addict

ht_addict Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Vega64(CF)
    bought Intel once. Never buy again. Stick with my I7-5960k running 4.6Ghz @1.225v. Next upgrade is Zen. Should easily get a new CPU/MB and still have $$ left over is I sell my Intel/Asus combo to fund it.

12. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Why? Are you unhappy with intel performance? Best case scenario you will sidegrade if you go with zen. I know i'm talking a bit out of my arse now , but best would be to wait and see what amd will offer before jumping to any conclusions. If it does reach intel broadwell levels i don't think amd will go easy on the price. Not intel levels either but not what we're used with amd either.

There are too many hungry people out there for decent performing amd cpus. Myself included.

13. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    +1

I just can't see AMD releasing a 8c/16t CPU for half the price or even below half of Intel's similar perf. cpu. They might be a bit on the "in need" here but they're not dumb. Also, that's pure speculation btw since we have nothing concrete here.

But it's one of those instances I would gladly be wrong. :p

14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I can see them dumping Intel at a point in the next 3-5 cycles. I believe that their greatest problem at this point is software. An octocore twister with a 15W TDP would be as fast, if not faster, than the Core CPUs in most Macbooks, and now Apple would control the whole process.

Ah, and no more Hackintoshes.

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    If I remember correctly there were 2600Ks hitting those clocks, and with lower voltages also, like, many years ago.

As things stand now, only way I will upgrade mobo/ram/cpu is if one of these 3 die on me again. Like the mobo of my 3770K build did 1.5 years ago... if it didn't, I'd still be cruising at 4.8GHz with that CPU.

I hope ZEN will push Intel a bit, but as always when it comes to AMD, I have huge doubts.

16. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    +1
    And this may show that all the info that Intel has on AMD new Zen cpu, is not showing a powerfull cpu to make them run scared.

17. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Same here. I run my 2600k@4.5GHz with all the power saving bells and whistles at 1.268V with no issue at all for years.

18. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    Honestly, looking at the time frame when this gets launched. I will rather say wait and see what ZEN is going to bring to the table. It should launch in the same time frame. I'm sure AMD will charge for the 8 core ZEN the same as for the 7700K. If that is true, then I will put my money on the ZEN CPU with 8 cores 16 threads all day long.

19. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    I tried to OC my non-k 6600 4.5Ghz, at 1.4V it was still just a bit unstable, I gave up, i still had a lot of thermals left...

20. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    It is possible that Intel will announce an 77xxX CPU update that will add 6 or 8-cores packages a few months after the main Kaby Lake launch. They've done that before. I wouldn't hold your breath though. You would think the Xeon segment of Kaby Lake features 6 core packages but no, the Xeons only get up to 4 cores, and if the Kaby lake Xeons are not launching with 6 cores then it's just not happening.