Intel is preparing new "KA" CPUs, including i9-10900KA, i9-10850KA, i7-10700KA and i5-10600KA Spotted

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    rl66 and nz3777 like this.
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    And not a single frack will be given by any respective PC gamer.

RavenMaster likes this.
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Base clock is same. "F" are for no IGP. "A" may be for chip with lower turbo.

4. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Slightly lower turbo, and lower price.

5. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    That really is a slightly lower price. For 10 euros on a 500 euro + buy, maybe take the extra 100mhz?

schmidtbag likes this.
  6. shamus21

shamus21 Member Guru

GPU:
    Intel must have a lot CPU`s not making the grade so give them an extra letter and knock of $10.00. This is starting to get ridiculous.

7. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    K I A series. hmmmm

Fediuld, schmidtbag and Maddness like this.
  8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    So we will have 10xxx 10xxx k/kf/f/ka

Jesus :p

Fediuld likes this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Intel this days, lol

Duke Nil, Fediuld and anticupidon like this.
  10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Kick my Farkin Arse! <- version will be released eventually.
    I also see this as pointless.

11. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    going to start needing an intel dictionary soon to tell us what all the letters mean :D

But seriously I find it hard to believe they need a new chip because of 100mhz?

So same chip we not have the Non-K, the K, the F, the KF and now the KA

With many chips making zero sense, KF the no iGPU but can overclock is £20 less in the UK making it useless, Least the F is a good £130 pound less making it somewhat appealing to people who dont need an iGPU and maybe dont care for overclocking at all. (unsure if you can do all core turbo overclock on these? Someone might know if that is possible or not)

12. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Intel can keep their CPU's with the prices they're asking where i live their entire lineup averages around 100$ cad and even more as u get to the 10900k and 10700k.

Fediuld likes this.
  13. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    oh really? Why is that? Gamers that you know game want the best gaming performance something AyMD and their fake boost cant provide.
    Its Intel and only Intel.
    AyMD is for people that rar all day

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Intel gamers = 1080p gamers

600$ cpu and 100$ monitor. 1440p is for amd pussies.

EspHack and carnivore like this.
  15. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb

You have nothing to be proud about, The only reason AyMD is somewhat valid for 1440p and 4K gaming is due to GPU bottlenecking, as 720p and 1080p proves, when there is no GPU bottlenecking, Intel is undeniable leader.
    With new Faster NVIDIA GPUs incoming, Intel lead will widen, the faster the GPU the better for Intel CPUs.

16. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    It also doubles as an electric griddle for those who need to save space.

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I've used CPU's from both Intel and AMD for over 20 years. And believe me, I love a good fanboy argument. But out of respect for guru3d I'm not gonna bring that trash here.

0blivious likes this.
  18. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    While I have a 3950x and before that a 3700x (the 3700x is sitting on the desk waiting to go in a second build), I am thrilled for even the slim chance of competition. When AMD and intel are gunning for another, there are no winner except those building or buying PC's. With AMD I don't have to worry about another game running in the background while I am doing something productive for a bit, or my countless different production software all running at once slowing down real-time previews on an in-game editor. Gamers should buy the 10600k or 10700k/10900k (or various f or a-suffix versions) if they want to overclock and invest in a serious gaming machine. However, how many folks will spend 1000~2000$ to game only at 1080p? How many folks will genuinely overclock the processor? If you plan to leave it stock you might as well save a bunch and get a processor from AMD as you might never notice the differences without the numbers in your face. Sure, this isn't the case for 'hardcore fps multiplayer gamers', but with the money you save by buying AMD, you can go to a real range and learn to protect your REAL life.
    That said, there's no denying intel is faster in 1080p games - just as there's no denying that the AMD chips can render and work very well in production environments. It's all in what you need to do, and what your budget is, or how thrifty of a spender you are. Some people live their life on loans but manage to still have nice things even if they truly belong to the bank. Other people have a ton of liquid assets and can afford to spend good money on parts and not bat an eyelash. Others have their car and house paid off before they retire because they always went for the 'best bang for the buck' and didn't overspend.

It's about more than a brand name, it's about buying what works best for YOU while still fitting in under or at budget.
    High FPS multiplayer gaming OR 1080p (and some 1440p) gaming only system, or light single-threaded bursty workloads - buy intel
    Gaming on a budget, a ton of work, rendering or encoding, or want to do a little of everything and cover all bases - buy AMD
    Want absolute best? Well then a 10900k it is, if a 10980XE on x299 or XEON solution isn't your bargain already.
    Want to demolish video editing / encoding, or render like it's nobody's business (gpu solutions excluded!)? get AMD Threadripper or EPYC.

Everyone's needs and expectations for the money we spend or work we do are different. I merely just looked for the best price/performance deal that fit the workload I needed to handle, not caring who made what so long as it got my work done TODAY, and then could run games after that decently enough.

19. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    You started it.

AMD is not cheaper vs. Intel its a myth, and same goes for temps and power usage.
    They dont like it here when people post links to otehr tech web site for some reason, but there are enough tests, even here on Guru3D 10700K review, all of them except 10900K are on par with AMD in temps and power usage.
    As far as Prices go: Good x570 mobo + CPU will cost more then equivalent z490 + CPU or in same ballpark

I posted links to Techpowerup's aggregated benchmarks, Intel is not faster just in FHD, but first 11 places in 1440p and 4K also belongs to Intel.

As far as rendering goes, its not like Intel is stuck in 1990, the rendering time is in same area, but unlike Gaming where you need all the FPS you can get, waiting an extra minute or even 4 doesn't change anything, it has zero effect, its not like AMD renders 10 minutes and Intel 1 hour, the difference in most projects is seconds and minutes.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i7_10700k_processor_review,5.html
    9900K has better power usage then 3800XT, 2700X, 3950X 3900X and 3900XT

If you look at that link, only 10900K has high power usage, all otehr intels are head to head or better then Ryzens and Temps come from power usage.

Also, you love to ignore the fact that Ryzens dont clock as high as Intel, so of course an all core 4Ghz CPU will have lower temps vs. 4.8+ all core turbo CPU. Lets see Ryzens Temp when it actually manages to do all core 5Ghz.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    kakiharaFRS likes this.
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    No. I ended it immediately. But I will sit back and enjoy a fanboy war. It brings back a lot of memories.