Intel cuts 12000 jobs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 20, 2016.

1. mehdi732

mehdi732 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 270X 2GB
    the reduce sell of pc hardware will be happening slowly in 1 year
    i am a iranian and i have a big computer shop
    my chart sell is reduce in almost 8 month = Date of release FIFA16
    you tell nooooo, wait and seeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I love internet, thank you sir. I'm talking with Iranian, it's amazing hehe.

3. mehdi732

mehdi732 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 270X 2GB
    welcome
    are you surprise ?!?!!!!
    i don't now why the people of enhanced country think: iran is a country like the north korea !
    & where are you from ???

4. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I blame AMD for not competing for the last decade in CPU tech. ^^

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The problem is that the hardware got too far ahead of software development. Before one had to wait for hardware to catch up to software. Now software cannot keep up. How long has it been since the Apollo program was abandoned? Back when I was finishing up my degree, it was said that a single laptop could replace the bank of computers NASA used for the Apollo program. Aside from the gaming industry, how or why did the mainstream user need such computing power? Spreadsheets and word processing were more than efficiently run on a 286 machine. The processing power in any current laptop for the mainstream market is overkill. That is why phones and tablets were able to make inroads.

Look at the prices Intel chips sell for coupled with the shrinking world economy. One could say that they speeded up the exiting process by pricing themselves out of the market they helped create. The server, cloud and, IoT markets are all that is left.

7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    France here :D

I thought there were only American, German, and Brits on Internet.

8. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Guest

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570

Actually amd increased performance per watt and gpu on all there laptop platforms; which is why i have a $200 dollar laptop that can play metro 2033, Mirrors Edge, and Warframe at 1.4ghz with a 15w Tdp. My Atom n270 which overclocked to 2ghz could barley play Ultima Online classic client. Also, APUs, Snapdragon MSM, and vulkin is great! i been waiting for better multi-core software code development since i bought my first opteron. Its like having a twin turbo big block but with a **** transmission you 60ft isnt gonna get you the win. Moreover, Amd cant be as competitive as it was with a $3 stock there trying to keep the company from that chapter in the legal handbook. The stock market is about as fair as flying a r/c predator drones and bombing civilians. Even intel stock is at $32 which is a joke because something like bed bath and beyond is at $50ish which sells pillows from as see on tv lmao.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Also...
    There are no (insert racial slur for black people) on the Internet
    :p

10. toronto699

toronto699 Guest

GPU:
    asus GTX660
    Intel cuts 12000 jobs
    don't think of it as 12,000 highly paid engineers and tech workers fired, think of it as 12,000 brand spanking new waiters and bartenders. On the other hand North Korea is looking for Skilled Workers. Intellectuals are the true masters of their destiny and are in a unique position to defend their interests.

DPR Of Korea. The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a genuine workers' state in which all the people are completely liberated from exploitation and oppression

11. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Yeah I think intel should keep increasing cpu prices, as it is working out really nice...

12. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    I'm sorry, but i have to disagree. I don't know a single person who exchanged desktop/laptop to a tablet/phone. Most people own both. PC industry is slowly decreasing due to their own fault. Many members here mentioned pathetic increase in performance, so why people should waste money? I'm still using my old intel E8600 processor with 560 gpu for work (32bits) and I'm more than happy with it, i just use PAE hack, because some of my applications need more than 2GB of ram. For gaming and power hungry applications i use (64bits) intel 2600k with NVIDIA 980gtx and that's enough for me, because i don't use more than 1080p, unless its for work, then i connect more monitors to my old computer. I think Windows 8.1 and 10 plays some role in decreased industry due to being Worst Operating systems I've ever seen. All, i mean All my customers who bought or accidentally installed Windows 10 asked me to reverse to 7. And most of them don't know about telemetry and other controversial stuff.

13. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    there are many things to blame.. since 2600k they have achieved a little.. infact sometimes we fight over amd vs intel but the fact is they need each other. amd couldnt pose a good threat to intel for a long time. and itel cudnt improve their performance that much too. may be we have a lot of cores now but most programs dont take advantage from more then 1 core. most games cant even use more then 4 cores.. these companies are thinking mobile is the future but for office work u need a laptop ( not for email and web browsing ). they ignore the gaming industry or takes it as a minor market.. plus becaz of piracy game developers are giving importance to ps4 or xbox more. my 14 years old nephew is more interested about ps4 then pc. but at his age i was really into pc gaming. so this is why pc gaming is going down. even for most software we dont need to change the pc for at least 5 to 7 years.. my dad is working well with his 2011 laptop and even i think i dont need a new cpu for at least next two years.. so intel needs to show some real performance improvement.. like doubling the frame rate or speed..

14. DeadlyBGShadow

DeadlyBGShadow Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA64-O8G
    Unless you use CPU to encode and stuff it's not that used on the Gaming front.I have 6 Core CPU and can't see it used effectively unless in professional software. In games you want to rise your max FPS from your GPU you buy good CPU to do that when you can't buy better GPU. I hoped with Havok we would see something to rival PhysX use unused CPU cores and be multi platform. But now it's up to MS and Intel will be once again Professional only.

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    A lot of jobs. To put in perspective, AMD only has 10,000 employees.

16. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    what do u mean by professional software.. only if u use video rendering. i see no difference between a 4770k and a 4960x when im using visual studio, and many other developing tools. single thread needs to be more powerful. there are things you cant do using multi threading. those are inter dependent workload. and its hard to make things multi threaded.. technically if u do some machine specific coding amd cpus are really good. but in real world we dont see much impact..

17. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    The way I see it, Intel also lost 12.000 potential customers + some more relatives.
    I hope they could find new jobs ASAP.

18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    :nerd: Damn right :nerd:
    :p

Nvidia 9000. AMD got his a$$ between 2 chairs obviously, and losing both fronts.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  19. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Crisis? What crisis!?

I wonder, does anyone in US still remember names like Jack London, Carl Marx, HL Mencken, Henry David Thoreau, Upton Sinclair...to name but a few?
    They explained, neatly, what is REALLY happening, what the capitalistic economy really IS and exactly to WHERE such trends lead.
    But, it's easier to put the garbage under the carpet and wait for the future to clean it up for you, right?

20. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    While that's true for home users, business PC use isn't declining anywhere near as fast as the consumer market.

With a lot of companies / government departments finally starting to retire XP machine it should help slow the decline even further, and may even lead to a positive quarter or two for some of the bigger players like HP, Lenovo & Dell