1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel CPUs still the strongest user-base for Steam users (80%)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    Totally agree!
    There's no stats on users playing cracked games (non-steam)...yet another question.

2. labidas

labidas Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7870
    useless info, no? intel has 80% because most use old CPUs/systems.
    Give us a statistic which only shows CPUs from 2016 and forward. I doubt it will be 80% for intel.

3. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    You clearly didn't look through the survey. Just over 50% of intel CPU's are 3ghz or above and over 50% have 4 or more cores.

Btw... i thought AMD was crushing Intel these past 6 months and was expected to hit 30% market share?

[​IMG]

4. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB

5. Killian38

Killian38 Master Guru

GPU:

I agree! AMD has a wide open field now to play in. Core count, speed, price. they have it all. I hope they don't go the intel route and hold back on us. I feel that they started doing just that with Zen+. Maybe the motherboard design is holding Zen back. I'm sure Zen can do a lot more than what we are being sold. How much more i'm not sure. With Zen and Zen+ AMD has proven to me they have what it takes to surpass Intel in every way. But should they beat them silly all at once? Let's listen to the board and shareholders.

6. Killian38

Killian38 Master Guru

GPU:
    I agree!

I refuse to use VPN's due to the risk of hackers stealing all the VPN user's data. I'm sure it's already happening. I don't worry to much however. Most of the data I put out into the web is fake data. Some of the information A VPN needs to operate can't be faked that easy. So I just don't use them and watch what I share. Steam hardware info can be taken with a grain of salt. Old hardware is rampant on steam. I understand why. I would focus only on hardware that is a year old. Even then it's not truly accurate.

7. darkvader75

darkvader75 Member

GPU:
    2X AMD Vega 64-LE
    Steam added all of China to the survey with a crap ton of low core low end Intel cpu’s to the mix. Remove China from the data and you get a much clearer overall market picture. I agree with above the cheap laptop numbers are what are shoring up the Intel #’s here.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Crush... how? Even with 1st Ryzen I wrote simple, but painful reality.
    From revenue alone, AMD does not produce enough of chips to seriously harm intel.
    If AMD took 30% of market share for given quarter from intel, they would have quite some revenue and that's not the case.
    But at least AMD has space to grow into. And this remains true with 7nm. Production capacity allocated to AMD will not be large enough to harm intel even if AMD made vastly superior CPU.

Undying likes this.
  9. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X Vapour X
    My bad I meant to say 4 or less cores. But I still stand by the <3Ghz. If my mental arithmetic is correct that's 45% of intel CPU's are faster