Intel Core i9 9900K Listed Preorder is € 649 in EU

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 9, 2018.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Of course they won't, actually, some will probably still game at 1080p. But, if you actually read my comment, it wasn't about what resolutions will be used with these CPUs.

It was about his 2-3fps difference at those resolutions. Which is obviously going to be a fair bit more.

Also, about more cores and Odyssey, see this https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Assassins_Creed_Odyssey/4.html

at 1440p and 4k, 4c/8t outperforms 6c/12t.

And seeing as the stock 7700k beats the stock 1800x, I'm not really sure where you get your "1700x rapes the 7700k" argument. Hell, even the 4770k beats the 1800k. https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/1b385a86-7087-488a-b3ba-b97f19a128c0.png

Not saying that GameGPU are super reputable btw, but TPU shows less cores actually perform better and GameGPU show that the 1800x loses to the 7700k. But sure, you'll probably show me I'm wrong.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Maybe some "abnormals" that make/have lots money to burn??? Every one knows that the value proposition of this CPU is atrocious to say the least but for gamers, 650€ are pocket money so why not waste it on a CPU like this and then on a 2080Ti and so on?... More power to them. Too bad i´m not one of those "idiots" who can afford ridiculous priced stuff like this...

3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    So now people who can afford these prices are idiots? I'd call them rich. WTF is wrong with this forum?

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Hey so, if we're doing trolling here...We can stop now.

Only warning.

5. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    I'm sorry to see that and be a part of it but there seems to be a problem in understanding each other
    I owned several fast cars went to the nurburgring track etc..maintenance and parts for cars used on track cost way more than pc hardware you could buy 1-2 new computers every year, it changes your perspective on what is expensive or not

like you I don't recommend a 9900k for someone without more than the budget for it
    this is aimed at people wo have x080Ti gpus 300$+ motherboards several 300$ ssds etc and want even more fps and yes you actually get a benefit from them more than 1-2fps
    if you think benchmarks numbers are what you get you must not be tweaking or modding your games much because those numbers go down fast

tunejunky and RzrTrek like this.
  6. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070
    i feel for my European brethren. short end of the stick to be sure.

and it's not going to get better anytime soon (i.e. not within 6 months) and brick and mortar shops will not order mobos in quantity until the bottleneck is removed. just "one to show and one to go" along with POS displays (point of sale, not piece of crap).

online retailers will take your money, but won't ship and that's only if they're taking pre-orders.

this is like a giant leaf-blower blowing folks to AMD.

7. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    Lol. The 410M is a mobile gpu (I'm sure you know). That is all I have at the moment (dinky old laptop)...seeing as I decommissioned the Q6600 and the 8800GTS a few years ago. I'm building a new system from scratch ;)

8. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    More like, people with strong CPU fetishes of just weird priorities.

Rich people buy yachts, they dont care for pc parts. Maybe if its pure gold.

Now take a deep breath and relax. Everything is wrong what seen wrong

9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Rich people game, of course they do.

10. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    why bother gaming if you rich??

I’d rather have sex with hot women, drive luxury cars and travel around the world.

No need to work and relax for gaming.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Because hunting humans is forbidden.

vbetts likes this.
  12. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    He's right, there are plenty of rich people who play games. They are the ones who ruined mobile gaming by bribing to win (the "whales", who are now threatening PC gaming with the same), and they gladly pay for overpriced products for bragging rights / e-peen. There are plenty of people in the world who like to buy their way to success.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    That's you. But you know, there's other people out there.

14. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    yes there are rich people who game, very rich people even watch this "ultimate" multimedia heaven from a techno-electro music star Deadmaus

I want that :D I don't know about the women but he has luxury cars ;)

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I would not be so critical. I'd say that budget is proportionate to object of purchase. Apparently, your statement about cars vs PC can be paraphrased as:
    Home vs Car. Estate against home. Airplane against estate. Private airfield with planes against just airplane.

If we talk about cars, one should consider appropriate pricing in comparison to needs and vanity of user. And same goes for PC components.
    With this in mind, I can say that i9-9900K is not bad product. But for gaming part, it is Vanity item as intel's 6C/12T will perform same at same clock in games.

(And I mention this because intel went with Best Gaming/Best Mainstream, which it definitely is not. As best one is chip which does perform same in games and costs less. Ad mainstream... if mainstream CPU costs this much, we here are mostly entry level guys. It is like claiming that $1000 graphics card is mainstream.)

Dynarush_333 likes this.

16. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Dude, if you're a multi millionaire, or a billionaire, and you have a gaming hobby, you'll buy an Intel CPU. Yes, AMD is better value but if money is not an issue, you'll spend £1000 instead of £500 on a CPU if it's the best for gaming, even if it's by 5%. Because you make £500 every ten minutes. Or less. You need to think of £500 as if it was a penny. That's what it means to rich people.

Example, top sportsmen, the £500 difference... they make that a thousand times. Each week. To them it's like 50p to you. It's literally not worth picking up off the ground.

Also, you call it being ripped off. That's so narrow minded. When you're looking at top end, the diminishing returns are a massive factor. It's like the rich are being ripped off for buying a £3000 pair of headphones, when a £500 pair sounds almost as good. Come on now.

About the supercars analogy, you're wrong again, because you can buy a car that will be as fast as a Bugatti Veyron for 1/5th of the price. So yeah, that analogy failed.

When I said "WTF is wrong with this forum" it was because someone said that the people who can afford these are idiots. That is a joke, surely. Quite the opposite, the people who can afford these are actually quite clever, because they have the money to spend.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    So, when did we shift it from real world market where 99% of people buy into market for 0.01%... Super rich people who play games.
    Or is this super rich few going to buy 2000 extra CPUs each to offset fact, that there are just few of them in world?
    = = = =

Those i9-9900K threads are getting ridiculous. Intel marks it as mainstream CPU. People who advocate it shift it into "toys for billionaires". I must say it is not trolling on either side. I think it is subconscious fight to rationalize this insanity.

18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Relax, it´s just an expression that i used replaying to other person calling "abnormals" to potential buyers of this CPU.

Every one in this forum accepts that the price of the 9900K is ridiculous, including me, but that doesn´t matter for the potential buyers of this CPU because they can afford it at ease and those buyers don´t need to be billionaires, only normal guys with great jobs that pay great wages. It´s like the new Iphones, also with ridiculous prices, but they are going to sell like crazy although some of the buyers sometimes make some sacrifices to buy one...

Fox2232 likes this.
  19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Oh, I'm relaxed. And yeah, I agree. They're not cheap CPUs but people will still buy them. Not for me, I'm on a 5ghz 7700k and my next CPU will be most likely the next generation of Ryzen, or the one after if things carry on like this. But... I was just being anal about some posts on here. You have to agree with me that those who can afford these Intels aren't necessarily idiots. Maybe I'm just too nitpicky, but sometimes I read stuff and I'm like "WTF is this about".

20. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    tbh i don't care how good these procs are when i could get a cherry picked 2700x and a good mobo and 16gb of ram for the same price and it'll get beat by how many frames @1080p/1440p?

Let's say 10 extra FPS, still not worth it even if i had that sort of money to spend on components, if i was a streamer then sure the extra horsepower will help but most streamers have Enthusiast level procs and these aren't at that level. Most streamers i know have like 7900X's or higher.

£600 for 8/16 and a massive £500 for a none HT 8/8. Yea it's silly money if you ask me.

9700 for 500 in the UK is mental.