Intel Core i9 9900K benchmark leaks: Roughly 25% faster than i7 8700K

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD630 :(
    My 8700K does 5.3Ghz at 1.35v and I'll still buy probably buy a 9900K, I also have the Apex X so hoping it'll work in there, see no reason why it shouldn't, other than Intel just not wanting it to of course lol

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    The "gains" based on title wording. Yes due to added cores, but thats what we mostly go by now, multi-core performance. Expected price around $450. Typically a part like this would have gone for $1000.

3. Luc

Luc Member

GPU:
    RX 480 | Gt 710
    I wouldn't recommend this CPU over a 8700K for gaming, as I don't recommend upgrading from ryzen1 to ryzen2 (as every web arround).

Gaming depends on IPC, speed and cache's sizes/latencys. If these remain the same, the only possibility to see an improvement in gaming depends on games that use eight cores, because Intel's physical cores are much stronger than hiperthreaded, if we see an improvement at all.

I'll wait for zen2/ryzen3 more secure/cheaper/faster/stronger chips for gaming/working.

Bye/;)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  4. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Light
    Well more and more games are using more cores, specially if you only play the triple A titles, extra cores also means that games that use DRM won't be as hit as those with less cores AC origins was a good example of that. But you;re right the improvements will be small for gaming, specially if you're playing on 1440p+ where cpu gains count for a lot less.

One nice thing about this chip over the 8700k though is the rumour it will be soldered, making it much better for overclocking, life longevity and it should in theory run a lot cooler.

Though i recommend no one pre-orders it as we wait for reviews to see where it truely stacks up, and if its worth the price per performance

Luc likes this.

5. user1

user1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    Im not sure why the hype is strong, this will perform similarly to a 7820x with the benefits of the ring bus, slightly more overclocking headroom and half the bandwidth, it ain't anything to write home about.

if you are going to buy this ,you'd might as well buy x299 today rather than wait. its a better platform and similar or better performance can be achieved for likely a similar price.

this product is wayyyy to late imho and isn't significantly better than what you can already buy from intel, i hardly see the point.

Luc likes this.
  6. Luc

Luc Member

GPU:
    RX 480 | Gt 710
    Shure, and if you have an i5 8600 it will be nice to upgrade to an 9900K (if rumors became true), like in AMD's boards.

Nowadays most of chips are powerfull enough for me, but I'm more concerned about security, like in movile devices that can be stolen, and Intel chips in notebooks that can be quite easily hacked via USB... so I'm expecting to renew my whole ecosystem for something more secure than faster.

7. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Eh? I remember Intel fanboys being all up in arms about AMD fanboys invading their threads. So do you want us to invade your threads or don't you? :p

Prince Valiant and airbud7 like this.
  8. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    And you're cool with going around affirming you're a fanboy? I mean you sound like you're proud to be a fanboy

9. Venix

Venix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    So adding extra cores increase your compute overal perfomance? Who would have though ?!
    Now jokes aside i am really eager to see the battle between those puppies an the zen2 ! I smell a bloody battle!

Silva likes this.
  10. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    The term wasn't originally intended to be negative. Nothing wrong with being a fan of something.

airbud7 likes this.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I´m interested in seeing the battle between Zen2 and Ice Lake. The 9000 series are basically the same as before only with more cores so the performance is predictable.

Venix likes this.
  12. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    New mobo chipset means new features. It is not always white or black with technology.

airbud7 likes this.
  13. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Light
    Been saying for awhile now, that the clock race is over... its going to be all about cores now, as silly as it sounds. with current technology we reach thermal thresholds too easy soon as we reach the 5ghz mark. so either we can all go and get liquid nitrogen for our machines, all we get bigger chips with more cores to spread the load better.

At first us having more cores (specially if they run at a lower clock) might seem worse, but as programmers start to make these for more cores it will level out and actually become better performing for us. we already see some games start to use 6/8+ cores so i think the industry knows in some ways this is where we are going to go.

Venix likes this.
  14. Venix

Venix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    @Ricepudding agreed although it is a long proccess to transition and we are in the middle of it!

Ricepudding likes this.
  15. ginkobiloba

ginkobiloba New Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 8GB
    Without Ryzen that CPU would cost twice as much.

airbud7, carnivore and -Tj- like this.

16. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    It won't. AMD uses PGA, so it needs motherboard. Intel, on the other hand, uses LGA, so needs fatherboard.

carnivore, Killian38, airbud7 and 2 others like this.
  17. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    It's wrong and also stupid to be a fan a of profit corporation, since they're never doing people's interests, but rather, their own.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  18. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Light
    Totally, it might be many years depending on how long it takes for consumers and developers to totally embrace having machines with 4+ cores, too many laptops and smallers pcs are using dual cores so many developers just dont care, game developers are a little different since the consoles use 8 cores, and many pc gamers have at least 4 cores.

airbud7 likes this.
  19. jetbruceli

jetbruceli Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I can see it now, in a year my i7 7700 won't even make the list anymore. I am glad for the improvements but, I can't keep up with the movement!

20. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    just keep it ....you have a great processor...I'm still on 2600k

just get a new monitor and graphics card

[​IMG]

Gaming that is.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Killian38 and user1 like this.