Intel Core i9-12900KS just 9% in faster Cinebench R23 Multi-Core compared to 5950X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TroubledThoughts

TroubledThoughts Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3070 Ti
    Legion was such a disappointment to me on PC I threw it on my PS5 and there it has stayed, problem solved.

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Not sure, it was just one of the ones thrown out there as "here's proof ryzen 1000 sucked in gaming". It's really not a great game to showcase anything because no matter what hardware you try and compare, what you "should" be getting as a performance boost in comparison just isn't happening.

3. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    well if they really do 29k+ then def better than my 12900k I barely touch 28k and 2110 overclocked
    that said from a buildzoid video I guessed that i have a below average bin with 80 something when some reach 100+

I absolutely hate the plateform it's almost as bad as Z390 but with added M.2 slots no lanes no bandwith
    but...it's faster and smoother for 100+fps gaming, it's obvious once you have seen both side by side, benchmarks do not show that properly other than if you check the 0.1% low maybe, that's where Intel is better, stabler and smoother fps not especially "more"

I had a 3960x then 5950x and to all AMD 1000 or 3000 users, the 5000 series is way better for gaming, way way better it's very close to intel on games while being superior in everything else..
    I really hope 3d memory is magical because I would go back to X570 and resell everything intel in a heartbeat

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Basically the reading of this is that for lightly-threaded application the Intel chip is better, but for actually doing more things at the same time, the AMD chip is better.

I would say that I prefer the second option, and I'm biased (of course), but I think that if you have an AMD CPU and done some curve optimizer undervolting, it's really easy to destroy the current Intel CPUs in anything multi-threaded. I'm getting consistent 4,4-4,8GHz on all 16 cores, depending on the workload.

I work a lot on my desktop, and I'm literally compiling kernels while I don't even feel anything extra going on, sometimes I even game and it's as if nothing is happening, I don't think I would trade that to be honest.

It seems like Intel has a great architecture hampered by their ancient process. The comparison to the newest Apple chips, for example, is just sad.

Embra, Ivrogne, Venix and 2 others like this.

5. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    How dou you "mesure" that 5950x is destroying like Intel 12900k in everything multi threaded workload? I have both 5950x and 12900k, and I would like to find a scenario this is the facts :) Pleace help me!

Can't say I miss anything with 5950x when using the 12900k. Maybe I'm not compelling kernels enough when I'm gaming... :p

Even my 4.5 years old 7980xe is as fast as 5950x in rendering, but it's using 600w to do so LOL. Thank god it's very easy to cool when delidded, due to it's big die.

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    You guys in Norway have more cheap hydropower than you can come up with uses for (which is why you make aluminium for the rest of the world), so you can't compare your situation to pretty much anyone else's. Power consumption simply isn't an issue for you and your countrymen. Right now many countries in Europe are scratching grooves into their scalps trying to figure out how to cope with power generation when the energy imports from Russia will be cut off. This really isn't a situation where you can boast about the high wattage of computer parts.

7. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Why are you sitting in front of your computer now? Waste of power :p

Keitosha, Airbud and Krizby like this.
  8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Indeed. But I can't help it. Once my electric bill jumps up, maybe I'll turn off one freezer and switch to my laptop.

Keitosha, TroubledThoughts and Airbud like this.
  9. TroubledThoughts

TroubledThoughts Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3070 Ti
    That's funny, speaking of laptops... the local Bestbuy guy at the return counter really has gotten to know me ...

10. ~AngusHades~

~AngusHades~ Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Don't worry about him, bro. I thought most people have blocked him on this forum. He just talks big, he may be the stupid induvial who keeps buying the latest gizmo but that just shows the lack of education. Not everybody should be buying the latest iPhone when it only yields a fire per cent increase.

11. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Power consumption is a factor, and the curve optimizer does give a lot of leeway. I don't believe that the 12900k actually has 40% higher IPC, so that would mean that a 5950x would be faster in any multithreaded scenario. As for the working, that's my scenario (that's why I got the CPU, actually), but it also allows things with I/O that I wouldn't dream off before, like multiple downloads and installs going on from a gigabit line with VPN on, while playing and streaming at the same time, without a hitch. I'm not saying that the Intel can't do it, just that I honestly don't believe I would see a difference, and I also don't think it could do it at the ~65W-140W that this CPU is using.

12. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Can't see anything other than spam posts from you... mayby not educated enough?
    https://forums.guru3d.com/members/angushades.287887/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.