Intel Core i9-11900K ES and Core i7-11700 ES prices leaked in china

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 28, 2020.

1. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Yes and?
    My original intention coming from a 2080ti was to swap to a 6800 or 6900xt but I cant buy one so I went for the next option a 3090, I wouldnt even consider a 3080.
    A graphics card is a part of a system, its an accessory to a system and is not really required for basic OS use other than the ability to display basic text on screen, a CPU, however is a little bit more important, I also have a 3950 CPU but I know that I can upgrade to any 5000 series CPU of my choice with Ram up to 4k.

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You're sitting here baffled as to why anyone would buy a CPU on an old process, needs a new motherboard to run at maximum speed, consumes a crap ton of power and is pushed out by a company with shitty ethics. In the meantime you own a GPU that's on a samsung process from 2016, requires a new motherboard to run at full speed, consumers a ton of power to hit boost and was pushed out by a company with shitty ethics.

I'm sure the guy buying the 11700 will have a dozen other reasons why he bought it over some other CPU that are specific to his use case - similar to whatever reason brought you to buying a 3090.

In an unrelated note, it's weird to me that "crap" is censored but "shitty" isn't

HandR likes this.
  3. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Yes but the power consumption is upfront and stated, the "new" motherboard is just the new standard nothing specific the AMD versions from 5700 onwards need the same, if Intel had its act together then they would also be on PCIe4 with the most recent Gen with a CPU that supported it 8nm might well be from 2016 but its damn near half of the best Intel can do right now, dont get me wrong am an AMD fan and would like nothing better than an AMD full system however I appreciate that without competition AMD will just become the new Intel so we need both players at the top of their game for us the consumer to take advantage of, but really Intel right now is not in any way shape or form a viable buy as a CPU unless you have a board that supports the chip already.

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    And they say slapping isn't a good practice for education. :eek:
    Look what it did to Intel.

In other news, i'm now officially on the market for a 5900X, my first AMD build ever, just ordered the motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus

edit: Now i've ordered the cpu 5900X for 649.99 € oh dear, that went fast !

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    Valken, KissSh0t and jura11 like this.

5. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I also prefer something like a 5700X or even a 5700, the question is how long before AMD releases those versions??? With the current demand for high end hardware, AMD can afford to sell only those and clear the stock of the 3000 series...

But then again, it´s mot like i´m in an hurry, my basic 7600K is still going strong for my gaming needs. But the upgrade itch won´t go away...

6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I hear you, 100%. But, supply will eventually catch up with demand. It's possible that the 5700(X) will have 2x 4-core chiplets. Since there's so much less value in quad core chiplets, that could really bring down the price.

7. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    -Tj- likes this.
  8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Glad to see Intel announce this so we can expect a price drops from AMD to counter or offer XT versions of CPU.

2021 will be the year for the rest of us to buy good CPUs!

Lastly, I wonder will this be better to power up the KFConsole?! It can use all that heat for summer BBQs! :D

9. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
  10. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    16/32 is more limited by configuration. 8-core are closer. Even then 10 W different is pretty much the same.

11. exodus1337

exodus1337 Member

LMAO imagine being this guy..