Intel Core i5 750 - £162.95 @ SVP + 2% Off

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by d1fferent, Sep 5, 2009.

1. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    GET YOUR WALLETS OUT. !

Good price for the sold bit of kit...

2% Off Code: svpatdvdf

The Intel i5 750 is now for sale at SVP and I thought this looked a decent price for one. These are very hard to get at the moment.
    These are an overclockers dream as they can be better than the Intel i7 once overclocked!!!

Get a major boost in PC power for fast multitasking at work or at play with the Intel® CoreTM i5 processor for desktops. With intelligent performance that accelerates in response to demanding tasks, such as playing games and editing photos, the new Intel® CoreTM i5 processor moves faster when you do.

A new level of intelligent performance
    Maximize speed for demanding applications with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, which accelerates processor clock speed up to 20% to match your workload. So you'll move faster when multitasking and get more accomplished in less time.

Do more at once
    With the Intel® CoreTM i5 processor, you can multitask up to 28% faster, so you can do more things at once and be more productive than ever.

Speedy content creation
    Unleash an amazing digital media experience with up to 37% faster conversion of video for web upload, up to 15% faster photo editing and up to 17 % faster conversion of CD music tracks to MP3.

Get your game on
    Get a 32% improvement in artificial intelligence for game characters and realistic physics for game worlds.

Model: Intel Core i5-750
    Codename: Lynnfield
    Cores: 4/4
    Multiplier: 20
    Frequency: 2.66 GHz
    Max. Turbo Mode: 3.2 GHz
    FSB/HT frequency: 2.13 GHz (DMI)
    Cache (L2/L3): 4 x 256 KiB/8 MiB
    TDP: 95 W
    RAM-Control: 2 x DDR3
    Silicon: 45nm
    Socket: LGA 1156

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    So... get cheap msi board this and some ram wow

thats like 100 less than what this set up cost me :mad:

3. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Life sucks hey... ? Lol.

4. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Only thing is buying 4gb of ram is not good theses days i run over 4GB allot theses days so i would probs have to buy 6 or 8gb

also there limited to 8x8x4 so no good for crossfire or sli really.

5. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    bandwidth in the pcie 2.0 makes up for the pcie speeds

6. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Hmm maybe but then again if this is not high end i guess most people will not have gtx295 and the like lol.

7. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Oh well, I could not wait and had to order that PC anyways...

How do these compare are Phenom2 x4's ?

But you can overclock i7's too.

8. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    the i5s look good for price/performance definitely....but im really happy i went 1366 socket..future looks a little better..still better performance in certain areas so overall im happy with my purchase and people who dont want to spend as much will definitely get there moneys worth on the i5 setup..

9. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    I wonder if this will push down the core 2 quad range, maybe I can finally get a really cheap Q9550 for my server build

10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Doubt it, but you never know!:thumbup:

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Yea people some reason want to compare something to another thing that isnt stock.

@D1ffents Nah my wallet stays in my pocket and like tat3 says the I7 can be oced, so it be silly to saw the I5 is better because it can overclock. Because a I7 can also be oced.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  12. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Still, for those on a budget, having a chip that can overclock to beat the entry level processor on the next tier is worth getting, especially if it saves £100

13. Neggers

Neggers Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    I have a i7-920 and i5-750

And all I can say is if you are looking at getting i7-860 or 870, just spend the extra and get an i7-920.

But if you are on a budget get an i5-750, they are great chips and give excellent performance for their price and they overclock really well, I got my i5-750 to 3.5Ghz 20x LinX stable with stock voltage and the stock cooler.

The stock coolers though are terriable and I'm going to order an aftermarket one for it this week, and then try push the i5 to 4Ghz+.