Intel Broadwell Core i7-5775C & Core i5-5675C released mid-may

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Laci

Laci Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti AUROS
    I think we should wait to see the first samples of the Skylake family and then answer this question :)

I have the 2500K and it is still performing decently..

2. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    I've actually been wondering the same for a while now, heck, I don't even know if they've discarded CPU Production for Socket 1155 LGA.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    It would make no sense to upgrade from a 4790K anyway. I wouldn't expect anymore than the same -5% to 5% we saw with Devil's Canyon.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    These are lower voltage cpus. Great for small machines, like my Alpha if I wanted to upgrade.

5. 0655

0655 Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE
  6. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    1660 - 2130/10ghz

This is why I don't feel entirely foolish for buying an Asus z97E board (I know this was done on an Asrock Z97 OC Formula, but I'm still going to try to my hearts content ;) ).

I'm still on a 4ghz yorky @ 1.4v and if this can get those clocks with roughly the same voltage at a lower TDP then I'm sold. This 5ghz I hear is on air-cooling as well. My cpu at 4 ghz gets to be about 68c on air cooling (Zalman CNPS9900) so hopefully the temperatures stay the same with a different nanometer and a 1 ghz difference.

Who ever doesn't have a Z97 board should wait for Skylake (or newer) though.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Okay, but it is an ES sample which usually fare better in overclocking situations. And 1.4 vcore pumping into it to reach that, that doesn't look like a very good sign to me...

8. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    1660 - 2130/10ghz
    I would say they are worse. it is a sample for testing. If there are irregularities when testing, then they go back and iron out those issues before launch (depending on how big they are).

All in all, if the TDP and the default clock of this cpu can reach that under air cooling, then it is promising to people like me who dun-goofed instead of waiting for skylake.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  10. Terje_P

Terje_P Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970 SLI
    This launch is all about performance per watt and IGP, not really about an increase in overall CPU performance.

I would say build a PC with the new chips, but don't replace your Haswell parts with it.

11. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I hope this new intel igp means no more sorry ass performance bumps in the next nvidia and amd entry level gaming cards.